*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
That video neglects to consider the other side of the argument. I get one sided arguments, it is how the marketplace of ideas work, but I find them tiresome after all this time.

Other side of the argument present below....and yeah, I didn't see much discussion in these about the risk of vaccines. People need to be made aware of risks before making a decision.

PS
Sorry for double post, just didn't want to mash attempt at humor and attempt to provide serious balance in same post.
The best story is a funny sad story.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Sounds a bit high, but not sure what metrics they might be using.

I'm hearing 8% for averages for most active areas. Likely lower for less active and maybe higher in more active.

Here's SD county latest cumulative stats:
CV19-080820-SD-CASES.png

Interesting chart on underlying conditions of CV-19 associated deaths.
Note only 4% of ALL 594 deaths had NO underlying conditions (26?).

CV19-080820-SD-UNDR-COND.png

Also, almost half of all deaths (45.7%) are those over 80. And 86.7% of deaths are those over 60.

STILL only 8 total deaths to those under 40 (unchanged for almost 2 months now).

And ZERO deaths to those under 20 yrs old. Going on 5 months since first recorded death March 21.

All this in a county with 3,340,000 people. That's 0.02% of county population died with (not necessarily of) CV-19 in 5 months.

Other interesting fact just discovered, out of all deaths in SD county, the coastal North County region (basically west of I-15 and from Del Mar to Camp Pendelton/OC border), we've had a total of 33 deaths out of at least 4000 cases and 531,000+ people in that region of SD county.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/tracking-coronavirus-cases-san-diego-county

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If you are implying that the moderators should censor Bohter's posts then I would like to disagree as strongly and politely as I possibly can. Censorship is bad. Very bad. Its a slippery slope. It starts with Bohter and maybe there is no harm done. But who's next? Always best to err on the side of letting information flow freely.
No.

Bohter is a niche poster.

I'm saying there's already a thread specifically for his very far outside the mainstream posts which have become more like spam/off topic in this thread.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
And ZERO deaths to those under 20 yrs old.

All this in a county with 3,340,000 people.
I haven't looked at the stats in a few days, but last I saw there were less than 200 deaths under the age of 18 in the entire country since this whole thing started.

On the topic of kids BTW my wife's left-leaning school recently submitted a request for waiver to reopen in-person.

A survey was sent to all parents prior to the request submittal.

87% of parents supported resuming in-person learning if the state grants the waiver.

Reactions: Surfdog

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
We have the highest R value in the country
Most likely going back into full lockdown for oahu soon for four weeks
screwed the pooch here folks

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 15.58.33.png

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
I heard a couple days ago Hawaii was now one of the biggest "hot spots" in the nation for percentage new cases.

oneula, how do you think this happened, if state was on such lockdown prior, other than recently opening up inter-island travel?

I heard all kinds of stories how they strictly tracked what little arrivals they had coming in from mainland/international at the airports. Now with cops handing out tickets by the 100's at closed local parks and adjacent beaches because of case rise.

Were more local people carrying, or were outsiders slipping thru the cracks? How are outer islands faring?

I can't see the local officials wanting to let mainlanders come in without current 14 day quarantine after Sept 1 now. Looks like fall/early winter vacations there will be nixxed at this point (unless stays of a month or more are planned). This is going to be brutal for any tourist related jobs, if any are left. Rental car agencies must be belly up at this point?

I keep getting ads from Hawaiian Airlines to book trips, and they give all kinds of assurances that they'll be refundable up to a certain date. They're not gonna be happy with yet ANOTHER extension on mainlander quarantines.

North Shore may be a happy place this fall/early winter though?

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I take back all my sort of snarky comments When Hawaii first banned New Yorkers. If this thing runs rampant on the islands like it did here, I’m truly sorry. Many will get sick and some will not make it. It becomes a numb whirlwind of illness and many fatalities among the elderly and immuno-compromised.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
it probably came in from the mainland and elsewhere for sure by returning locals and tourists then spread through out the community due to a variety of reasons. But its when they opened the flood gates just like on the mainland, people went party on crazy after being locked for so long. The marches maybe contributed but there were some crazy parties of hundreds everywhere.Hostess and strip bars helped contribute because they can't contact trace those "customers". Birthdays, graduations, funerals, potlucks and other island style socializing contributed to the current mess.

Same for everyone attending the illegal events put on via social media. And then you have those groups (pacific islander/other asian) who aren't "westernized" yet and live under their own cultural rules/understandings. And groups who just don't like to be told what to do like haoles, blacks, FOB chinese and local power playing filipinos(see the chart)

Right now Oahu/Kona is COVID saturated. They estimate 1/50 on Oahu is infected maybe more and although not publically known we were just told today almost every business on oahu is having to shutdown, to clean and then having to test and quarantine all exposed staff and customers for 14 days per CDC guidelines. We had three clusters in my building in just the past two weeks with huge blocks of people just disappearing for no reason (quarantine) and that's taking a huge financial toll on larger organizations trying to stay open. I think this is the one aspect of re-opening that no-one factored in. Opening, then closing for deep cleaning, losing and having to replace an entire staff unit and then doing it all over every other week. Very expensive especially for retailers when the sales volumes are already low. You can see why some especially those who expect to survive would prefer a complete shutdown to cleanse the environment out and start over smarter.

Most of the community spread is from tourists, transplants and younger locals not willing to change their ways/lifestyles and now others in the community are dying who would not have died at this time even with their existing illnesses. People are murdering their fellow citizens with the excuse of "oh well, they were sick and old anyway" story and that's not flying among the medical community and the fewer older local/kamaaina generations.

its going to get ugly here from both a health as well as a compliance manner. HPD is not giving out warnings anymore just tickets. On day one of the closed parks/beaches they had 1400 citations issued. The more parents, grandparents, friends die the more neanderthal the locals tend to get. You saw it in Haena after the floods. You'll see it in the streets here. Local beat downs of people innocent or not they want to blame for their situation. I see and hear the "Don't want to wear a mask/quarantine Haoles go Home" mentalities surfacing among the out of work moke illiterates. Add the death of a loved one and that ugliness escalates 1000%.

Many businesses here are going to fail, houses lost and people moving away. And it will keeping getting worse until people here realize that living on an island in the middle of no where, you have to work together as a community to survive and sometimes that requires allot of self sacrifice for the common good. But if everyone continues to just want to look out for themselves with their modern way of thinking then they are going to sink the whole canoe full of struggling paddlers trying to get to out of the impact zone.

Additional Covid units are being setup in all the major hospitals as well a covid quarantine hotels for locals and incoming tourists. Tourists, returning locals in the new opening plan will either be tested as clean or shuttled off to a quarantine hotel for 14 days. I don't see how the WSL is going to be able to do their thing if this keeps getting worse going into winter.

I guess I probably should get my beneficiaries set on my 4 different employer retirement plans and last will and testament prepared. I already have a do not resuscitate medical directive on file.
Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 17.16.10.png

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 17.13.57.png

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
Every beach park on the east side was jam packed from July 4th on. Tents lashed together, beers dumped in one cooler, fucking bounce houses... Weekends were nuts, weekdays packed too though. Funerals at homes with 100 people, one at the end of my street. No masks. Plenty of people I know flew to the mainland for a while, came home, quarantined for a week, then kind of quarantined the second (mostly Mormons from Laie).There are not that many tourists, at least out here, but the families and big groups that were partying out here were not from this side. The Waimea party sh!t show was a car mod group.

We are in real trouble now and it is not going to be pretty. A lot of our kupuna will die. My sister is a nurse out here at Kahuku hospital. One ventilator. Capacity for one critical patient. One. She can't believe this bullshit.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I haven't looked at the stats in a few days, but last I saw there were less than 200 deaths under the age of 18 in the entire country since this whole thing started.

On the topic of kids BTW my wife's left-leaning school recently submitted a request for waiver to reopen in-person.

A survey was sent to all parents prior to the request submittal.

87% of parents supported resuming in-person learning if the state grants the waiver.
It's fucking annoying have the kids home all the time.

So some people die?

At least the kids are out of the house.

I want to go back.

Teaching is what gets me away from this computer.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
it shows how selfish, stupid and fractured our species has become.
maybe this is will be nature's way of getting rid of us cause this won't be the last pandemic and there will be worse diseases to come.

It was so simple all we had/have to do was these four things:

1. Wear a mask when in the presence of others
2. Maintain separation from others and don't gather indoors
3. Constantly clean your hands or find a way to stop touching your face (face shields)
4. Stay home and more importantly isolated from others at the smallest signs of sickness (stay abreast of changing symptoms)

But we as a species couldn't do it
our human weakness/need for social interaction/acknowledgement proved greater than our will to survive more importantly to preserve our economy.
people think they can just magically will it away and make everything the like it was.

That's not going to happen
life as we knew isn't coming back
things will be different when this is all over

one thing that needs a serious re-examination will the current ease of global travel in the future
I can see the idea of quarantines after traveling to certain parts of the world being adopted in the developed world just like we adopted TSA screening at the airports. No more free virus transport on planes, trains and ships.

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
No politician can stop irresponsible behavior

Media needs to focus on the benifits of good behaviour vs bad everyday - all day

This virus can be avoided

Instead of all the politics and blaming
Agree but politicians should be leading by example, they aren't, they are being self-serving to the short term "side", and both sides are doing it, though Trump and friends are worse of the two

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
It surprised me to learn this.

Talking to one of the MDs there she said they basically ship sick patients elsewhere.
By "there" do you mean Kahuku Hospital? Which MD?

Yes they send patients to Queens and Kapiolani but those are at combined 56% ICU capacity as of this morning.

Staffing right now is the biggest concern, apparently.

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
No.

Bohter is a niche poster.

I'm saying there's already a thread specifically for his very far outside the mainstream posts which have become more like spam/off topic in this thread.

Y'all believing the main stream narrative are having your t!ts faked off.....
There is no world wide pandemic...it's a numbers game with an agenda behind it.....
Becoming clearer every day.
Also....belief by consensus is the surest way to have your t!ts faked off....
Suggest spending a good deal of time looking into things right now....for example, is a virus truly a pathogen?
'cause the second wave....whatever that may be...might be "bigger"....and scare you into living under your beds for years to come...waiting for a vaccine....giving up your freedoms and rights for a sense of safety...when health is what you should be seeking.

This Nebraska Doctor gets it....

Speaking of doing your own research.....it's being suggested that you should not do that.....you're too dumb?

Back to your mainstream fear mongering....

Now show us your t!ts....laying there on the ground.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: Aruka and CutnSnip

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Trump's brother is supposedly in the hospital on the edge of death.

Cause of illness not being made public.

• Wow
Reactions: the janitor

nrthcty

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 30, 2009
N.S.D
Sounds like a typical Sunday morning hangover in my life......

Researchers at the University of Southern California say they've found that the symptoms of COVID-19 tend to appear in a specific order, a discovery that could help enable earlier detection and treatment for numerous patients. According to the study, published in the medical journal Frontier Public Health, the most likely order of symptoms is as follows: fever, then cough and muscle pain, followed by nausea and/or vomiting, and then diarrhea.