*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Once again, does anyone honestly think that there is nothing bad between "death" and "not death" that can come out of a COVID hospitalization? Maybe if we just prayed to Jesus it would all just go away.
The strongest evidence says that if you're doing bad before COVID with one of the illnesses in the top row in the table, you could likely do worse afterward. This is consistent with the Lancet study I posted several pages back.

Or if you're older.
The head of South Korea's equivalent of the CDC said at the beginning of this that the elderly were dying because of immunosenescence: you stop making the T-cells that protect you from this as you get older.

We tend to be pretty obese so that causes a whole bunch of problems even before COVID.

Do you have other data?

Reactions: stringcheese

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
The strongest evidence says that if you're doing bad before COVID with one of the illnesses in the top row in the table, you could likely do worse afterward. This is consistent with the Lancet study I posted several pages back.

Or if you're older.
The head of South Korea's equivalent of the CDC said at the beginning of this that the elderly were dying because of immunosenescence: you stop making the T-cells that protect you from this as you get older.

We tend to be pretty obese so that causes a whole bunch of problems even before COVID.

Do you have other data?
I guess I'm just not sure what you are even trying to argue any more. Against closures still, or have you moved on from that?

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
I think we should have gone in to a full lockdown for six-eight weeks with vigorous contact tracing and quarantines followed by a national mask mandate (how fucking hard is it really) and a task force to help states and municipalities manage subsequent flare-ups. Now, I'm beginning to think we should say fvck it, stop admitting COVID positive patients to hospitals to at least nominally protect our health care workers, send everybody back to school and work and concerts and bars and church and tractor pulls and watch the bodies pile up. I think if it's between that and what we are doing right now, in twelve months, the economy is going to look pretty much the same.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Bohter probably has the most posts in this entire thread.

Mods have allowed him to run amuck.

That's the pattern for this place: moderation where it isn't needed, lack of moderation where it's actually needed.
If you are implying that the moderators should censor Bohter's posts then I would like to disagree as strongly and politely as I possibly can. Censorship is bad. Very bad. Its a slippery slope. It starts with Bohter and maybe there is no harm done. But who's next? Always best to err on the side of letting information flow freely.

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Bohter probably has the most posts in this entire thread.

Mods have allowed him to run amuck.

That's the pattern for this place: moderation where it isn't needed, lack of moderation where it's actually needed.
Oh come now Casa.....you know you're the top poster/NPC here....

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
If you are implying that the moderators should censor Bohter's posts then I would like to disagree as strongly and politely as I possibly can. Censorship is bad. Very bad. Its a slippery slope. It starts with Bohter and maybe there is no harm done. But who's next? Always best to err on the side of letting information flow freely.
Ya think?

I'm presenting information and opinion analogous to being part of a jury trial.....both sides....
Yes....there are two sides to this scenario.

And...in my opinion....if you're not investigating both you're being willfully ignorant.
Your choice.....

And I do know this.....your local NPCs will jump your shite....if you stray from the main stream narrative....

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
I'm presenting information and opinion analogous to being part of a jury trial.....both sides....
Yes....there are two sides to this scenario.

And...in my opinion....if you're not investigating both you're being willfully ignorant.
Sorry, bro, really am, but I just can't afford to spend time researching information provided by someone who thinks the earth is flat.

Peace and my sincere best wishes to you on your quest for the truth!

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Sorry, bro, really am, but I just can't afford to spend time researching information provided by someone who thinks the earth is flat.

Peace and my sincere best wishes to you on your quest for the truth!
Sorry bro....sorting based on "who the messenger is" is a weak position.....how about letting the information stand on it's own?

Yet you'll believe folks that have lied to you before....ie, main stream news and the government.
...that's the ticket!

Now....how about looking at some more data.....

Or....the news from NZ....new rules......
Things are really getting creepy out there.....

Last edited:
Reactions: crustBrother

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
What part of verifiable vaccination related information and data (ie....facts) has your panties in a bunch....exactly....
That video neglects to consider the other side of the argument. I get one sided arguments, it is how the marketplace of ideas work, but I find them tiresome after all this time.

Other side of the argument present below....and yeah, I didn't see much discussion in these about the risk of vaccines. People need to be made aware of risks before making a decision.

PS
Sorry for double post, just didn't want to mash attempt at humor and attempt to provide balance in same post.

Last edited: