*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
I’m hedging long on gold. Just a couple of shekels but it’s a legit little piece of my cash reserves.
Nice move. A few months ago I decided to put a few quid into either gold or bitcoin in response to the fed. I went with bitcoin. Its been good so far, but gold has been better. So far. Good luck!

Reactions: the janitor

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
whoa it just jumped again. took another $750. hey I'm 18% of the way towards my new roof in just 24 hours! thank you GLD!

Reactions: stringcheese

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Gyms should be able to set up outside.

Just wheel out some weights into the parking lot.
This is happening, resulting in hilarity and annoyance. For example, one of my restaurant accounts that re-opened outdoors only is across the street from a crossfit type gym that now operates outdoors only, So now while you at one time could go have a nice quite lunch on a quiet street by the beach in LA, now you have people screaming as they power-lift, giving each other loud high-fives, metal clanking, and people running past you while the "coach" yells commands. It's super annoying for guests.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
This is happening, resulting in hilarity and annoyance. For example, one of my restaurant accounts that re-opened outdoors only is across the street from a crossfit type gym that now operates outdoors only, So now while you at one time could go have a nice quite lunch on a quiet street by the beach in LA, now you have people screaming as they power-lift, giving each other loud high-fives, metal clanking, and people running past you while the "coach" yells commands. It's super annoying for guests.
if they are serving alcohol that sounds like a fantastic setup for commentary and judge's scorecards

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
if they are serving alcohol that sounds like a fantastic setup for commentary and judge's scorecards
Yes, full bar and restaurant. This sounds like fun!

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Good play on gold! I ignore it because it moves so little. Missed opportunity
Im no expert, far from it, but most finance and forex guys just assume a drastic drop in the dollar is inevitable, and Johnny main street isn’t really thinking about it. You’re not too late I don’t think. But I made my hedge for the dollar risk for the next year or so- the quick little profit taking was a happy accident. I was able to collect 1500 or whatever and still have my original total in GLD for the actual reason I bought in the first place. Just dumb luck, and seriously I only sold a few shares just to make myself feel better.

Reactions: stringcheese

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Wifey has been buying gold things off Goodwill.com for the last couple years and says the bids/prices recently have gone through the roof. Good on ya Subway!

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Hey.
How you doing?

Still haven't died from covid, right?
Neither has a single person you've ever know, unless they were already on deaths bed?
Thought as much.

Check back with you all in a couple weeks and see how the chicken littles have managed to turn N new cases into "next week, the mass graves!"

Keep your masks on!

• Dislike
Reactions: Aruka

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Hey.
How you doing?

Still haven't died from covid, right?
Neither has a single person you've ever know, unless they were already on deaths bed?
Thought as much.

Check back with you all in a couple weeks and see how the chicken littles have managed to turn N new cases into "next week, the mass graves!"

Keep your masks on!
no one close has died yet, but a few friends have gotten it and have been hospitalized for it. 2 of them are youngish (late 30's early 40's) healthy surfers with no preexisting conditions that would have put them at a higher risk,. One is diabetic. The 2 healthy guys got dismissed last week and the week before. Still not even close 70 percent healthy yet. The diabetic is still in the Hospital.

So keep pushing your stupid false narrative. You and Bohter should go fuck already or something.

Reactions: Aruka and sussle

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
no one close has died yet, but a few friends have gotten it and have been hospitalized for it. 2 of them are youngish (late 30's early 40's) healthy surfers with no preexisting conditions that would have put them at a higher risk,. One is diabetic. The 2 healthy guys got dismissed last week and the week before. Still not even close 70 percent healthy yet. The diabetic is still in the Hospital.

So keep pushing your stupid false narrative. You and Bohter should go fook already or something.
the specific concerns have been explained to him several times but he's obviously too fvcking stupid to understand it.

Reactions: CutnSnip and Aruka

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017

So keep pushing your stupid false narrative. You and Bohter should go fook already or something.

So, the short answer was "No"
Got it, knew it already.
Bet you can quote how many "new cases" there were today off the top of your head though.

Be afraid, be very afraid! It could happen to you too!

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
the specific concerns have been explained to him several times but he's obviously too fvcking stupid to understand it.
I understand your concerns, however I view you like a housewife who is concerned with the eminent robbery and rape that is to befall her because "it happens all the time, I saw it on TV!"