*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
It's super stressful teaching online.

I would do four hours of conferences in a day and it was brutal starting at the screen, having to solve problems.

So much more efficient to do in person.

It's already high cognitive stain but the distance makes it even harder.
We found the same on the learning side: managing passwords, website crashes, staring at the screen. We gave up and went back to books. These we got from homeschool friends. Whose idea was online education? Now is a great time for recriminations.

I'd like vouchers to take my tax money elsewhere.

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
I've developed three online courses that are still in use at UH. It took a lot of time, they get good reviews from students, and I was paid well to develop them. UH also partnered me with distance learning professionals who helped me with media, best practices, etc. Just "switching to online" with no lead time, no training, no extra pay?!?!? It won't go well.

But when I think about it, teachers are in the same boat everyone else is in. They also have kids who aren't going to be in school.

The rest of the developed world is in mop up mode, looking for hot spots and handling them, we are in the midst of a full on raging forest fire.

We have abdicated our global leadership role. The rest of the world will move on -- our adversaries rejoicing, our allies looking on in stunned, horrified silence.

Watch the president's latest interview on Axios. That is the captain of our ship folks.

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
Here we are faaarrr down the road of "safety" and the irony is American is becoming less safe. We trying to recreate South Africa???IMG_20200801_142426_607.jpgIMG_20200729_123139_989.jpgIMG_20200801_141823_007.jpgIMG_20200729_124457_254.jpg

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Ahhhhhhhh...the irony in the world of education. During face-to-face instruction, parents b!tched about wanting everything put online. Now that everything is online, parents are b!tching about wanting full on face-to-face instruction. It never ends. Students would/could get written up for taking photos of other students without permission. Now? We are trying to force all of them to be on webcam throughout the entire school day.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
heres a load of bs. so surf schools allowed to pack 100 ppl together on the beach and in the water with no masks distancing etc. and this guy must close his business. bs.

as much as I hate the idea of a surf school and would love to them closed regardless.. its outside. gym is inside and not saying you cant do a gym safely inside but the risk of transmitting the virus outside during surf school is alot lower than a gym.

if you can get it surfing than im going to be fucked becuase today was elbows to assholes in the water and everyone was climbing over each other for a piece

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
heres a load of bs. so surf schools allowed to pack 100 ppl together on the beach and in the water with no masks distancing etc. and this guy must close his business. bs.

Mixed messaging

at the same time

It's becoming pretty apparent the virus does not do a good job of transmission outdoors but transmits quite well indoors.

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
HIV does cause AIDs. Mullis can be bright, get a Nobel yet contrary and wrong in this. Papers will be written about SARS2-CoV19, just give it time for them to be peer reviewed.
Taking a quick look at your link....
1. Major focus on satisfying Koch's Postulates....indicating how important this step is for proving a pathogen....
2. They claim they met the 3rd postulate by accident? With a cloned sample of alleged HIV?
Excuse me but that seems a bit of a stretch....
First off....a clone vs the real deal....not so much apples to apples....why not the real deal....isolated from a sick person?
Second....by accident? Not scientific experiment?

For folks truly interested in this controversy...it's huge....and it's very much analogous to today's CV-19 sitch.
BTW....there are already papers out there that claim proof that the corona virus causes Covid....but it's really just an association...another stretch....and the whole of the world is/was being locked down because of this?
So here's some resources....re the HIV controversy....at least understand there's two sides to the coin....
Including the full Kary Mullis interview....
And a shite ton more here...

For me....when you have alternative explanations to the main stream narritive you have to ask....knowing one side is correct....Who Benefits? Well...in this case....the allopathic medical industry....huge $$$$$. And in my opinion...they're selling our health down the river for big profits....giving you prescription that mostly just treat symptoms....vs creating good health. Curing things is not profitable eh.

Also....here's a good resource for some alternative health news....this link is an article about Vitamin D...and sun exposure... it's a huge topic to understand for your immunity to disease/illness....especially these days...
How much sun screen do you slop on every day?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yup. And whatever happens in America, you can count on millions of deaths across the globe and 600 million plunged back into the poverty which they had only recently escaped. Best case. I’m hedging long on gold. Just a couple of shekels but it’s a legit little piece of my cash reserves. Fed prints another trillion dollars, that’s gonna sting, especially for those with all the cash in the mattress so to speak. A years-long pandemic and a 90% economy at best.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
They got a spit test that doesn't have to be sent to the lab and the results are going to come back in 30 minutes.

If that works, it could be a game changer.

Even for us retarded Americonos.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc