*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
No way to stay healthy - can't escape 5G!
Plenty ways to improve and maintain your health....
Just turn on the TV....CNN....FOX....CBS.....they're running "improve your health" material 24-7...
Wait....they're not?
Why's that?

Casa....can you provide proof that EMF / 5G etc has zero negative impact on your cellular health?
Just asking for proof...not a big deal, reasonable question....right?
Much like Kary Mullis asked for proof that HIV caused AIDS....
You'll find plenty assertions....but proof?

Fook staying safe....stay healthy my friends!

• Dislike
Reactions: afoaf

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Thanks for going the extra mile, bro! Can't overstate the value of a really good teacher. Life changers.
The good teacher just cares about helping the kids.

Everything else is noise.

I know some who don't care but not many.

This pandemic is a really tough situation.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Caca,

Are you guys finding treatment to more efficiently treat covid patients coming into the hospital?

I bet there is all kinds of small innovation happening through trial and error experimentation.

I think the key is not a vaccine but learning to live with the virus.

Thanks!

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
I've only been an elementary school teacher for 5 years now, so I've got observations and no answers as to how to fix a system, like many in America, that is broke. Schools have become child care, health care facilities, counseling and mental health, food banks, clothing store... oh yeah, and a place where teaching occurs.

Especially with the little kids, relationships are the most critical aspect of teaching. Kids need to know you care about them, will keep them safe, and will give them strict and fair treatment. After that is in place, the real teaching/learning can begin. With social distancing, that relationship may never be built. Young kids will give two shets about some adult on a screen that isn't a Youtuber, and behave accordingly. And, unfortunately, since this event, schools should be thinking way outside the box of the schoolroom as to how education looks and could be made more effective.

All the bagging on shet teachers is good, they should be bagged on. As with bad ______s, since every industry or profession has the lame ducks, it is a human problem.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Except some people pay taxes and everyone will have to live with the societal cost.
Totally Understand that point. But what’s the answer? You and every other tax paying adult with no kids dictating what the other parents should have to do? Dumb Parents breed Dumb kids, regardless of school.

Reactions: Driftcoast

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Totally Understand that point. But what’s the answer? You and every other tax paying adult with no kids dictating what the other parents should have to do?
I've posted my 2 cents here previously. The gist was start back to school with in person elementary but give parents a choice for online as well. Middle school/high school remains online until the kinks are worked out.

Use science, what has worked in other countries, and creativity to guide.

Dumb Parents breed Dumb kids, regardless of school.
That is not always the case.

Reactions: Havoc

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Caca,

Are you guys finding treatment to more efficiently treat covid patients coming into the hospital?

I bet there is all kinds of small innovation happening through trial and error experimentation.

I think the key is not a vaccine but learning to live with the virus.

Thanks!
A little.

Generally speaking.

We know more about how/when to oxygenate them.

But many intubated patients have still required long stretches of high dose versed drips and paralytics - not good.

We're using remdesivir and convalescent plasma. They aren't magic.

For many critically ill their mentation is pretty fvcked for a while after they beat the virus - not sure if this is the virus or more a combo of <<<weeks spent asleep on versed gtts/other sedation+long term bedrest+ICU psychosis+ weeks/months of social/physical isolation>>>. I'm thinking less the virus and more the combo. That combo will be havoc for the brain of a person who isn't even ill.

But something is changing - we're seeing less hospital admissions despite a growing % positive and much higher numbers in general throughout the community. At least here in SD.

I don't know if it's that at risk individuals are doing a good job of isolating themselves, or the virus is weakening, or mask wearing is lessening the community's susceptibility to high viral loads, or there is some other environmental factor at play.

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Kary Mullis....the inventor of the RT-PCR test and Nobel Prize recipient....was an HIV Skeptic....
Now apply the same question to the Covid-19 Virus...
Just one paper....

HIV does cause AIDs. Mullis can be bright, get a Nobel yet contrary and wrong in this. Papers will be written about SARS2-CoV19, just give it time for them to be peer reviewed.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
A little.

Generally speaking.

We know more about how/when to oxygenate them.

But many intubated patients have still required long stretches of high dose versed drips and paralytics - not good.

We're using remdesivir and convalescent plasma. They aren't magic.

For many critically ill their mentation is pretty fvcked for a while after they beat the virus - not sure if this is the virus or more a combo of <<<weeks spent asleep on versed gtts/other sedation+long term bedrest+ICU psychosis+ weeks/months of social/physical isolation>>>. I'm thinking less the virus and more the combo. That combo will be havoc for the brain of a person who isn't even ill.

But something is changing - we're seeing less hospital admissions despite a growing % positive and much higher numbers in general throughout the community. At least here in SD.

I don't know if it's that at risk individuals are doing a good job of isolating themselves, or the virus is weakening, or mask wearing is lessening the community's susceptibility to high viral loads, or there is some other environmental factor at play.
I agree that the trauma of the going on the ventilator is going to cause issues.

Especially if the person is not robust in the first place.

Deadlifts for everyone!

I suspect Ice baths would help.

Before and after.

We have such a capacity for cold adaption that we don't use.

I think not using it compromises the entire system.

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Totally Understand that point. But what’s the answer? You and every other tax paying adult with no kids dictating what the other parents should have to do? Dumb Parents breed Dumb kids, regardless of school.
tax credit so we’re. not forced to send our kids to crap public schools let us get a tax credit so we can send our kids to private schools where there is accountability.

Last edited:

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
C'mon man, don't start with that. My mom was a teacher for 40 years. My wife is going on 15 years teaching. I substitute taught for much of my 20s as a side job to help me get on my feet...So I've been directly exposed to the ins and outs of teaching as an occupation my whole life. I respect teachers greatly. Being a good one is hard work. Not for lazy people.

I'll refer you again to the example of my nephew. 3rd grader. 2 hours of instructor contact a week. That's not the only story I've heard like this - I'm just not repeating the others because I can't actually verify them.
K, I didn't mean to misrepresent you. I guess it just kinda comes off like you are making blanket statements based on some negative anecdotal experience. I see now that you do have a ton of positive anecdotal experience too.
Kudos to your wife, btw.

The bottom line is it's a big-time reality at the moment.

And if you operate a private school it could sink the ship.
Yes, good point. I don't see how any but the richest private schools will survive. Maybe the anti-mask ones will get a boost?

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
the system is set up where the good ones are not given any in incentive to teach well
i hear a lot of good teachers complaining that the system does not even allow them to teach, but instead forces them to endlessly prepare the students for the standardized tests upon which funding is based

i've always wanted to teach, but couldn't stand it in the current system

been toying with the idea of setting up some classes on software development and offering them to home schoolers and parents who are looking to augment what their kids are getting from the schools

seems like covid might be creating some demand for that sort of service?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Yes, good point. I don't see how any but the richest private schools will survive. Maybe the anti-mask ones will get a boost?
Enrollment rose at some of them.

I imagine this was due to parents seeing what a nightmare other schools both public and private had been with online learning.

There simply wasn't any teaching going on in many districts.

Anecdotally - survey of 3 elementary public school teachers this AM via text - time spent online with students ranged from 45 minutes a week to 2 hours a day.:crazy2:

I think I heard LA schools will now have a 20 online hrs/wk requirement for teachers.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Havoc

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Enrollment rose at some of them.

I imagine this was due to parents seeing what a nightmare other schools both public and private had been with online learning.

There simply wasn't any teaching going on in many districts.

Anecdotally - survey of 3 elementary public school teachers this AM via text - time spent online with students ranged from 45 minutes a week to 2 hours a day.:crazy2:

I think I heard LA schools will now have a 20 online hrs/wk requirement for teachers.
It's super stressful teaching online.

I would do four hours of conferences in a day and it was brutal starting at the screen, having to solve problems.

So much more efficient to do in person.

It's already high cognitive stain but the distance makes it even harder.