*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
My goodness you are stupid. You really are! This makes you scratch your head.

He was ill. He was old. He had Parkinson's.

But he was still alive.

Then he got pneumonia. He drown while laying in a hospital bed. That's a pretty hard way to die. Alone, confused, and taking about a month to slowly drown as your lungs fill with fluid.

Have I given you the picture yet, or do you need a crayon drawing?

Then a shithead like you says that Covid isn't bad, because only sick old worthless people die of it.

So go ahead everybody, go to a bar for that beer. Don't wear a mask. Have fun. Because only some old sick person like Everysurfer's dad has to pay the bill.

Old, terminally ill, and died horribly of something else. (You added worthless, because you're trying to detract from my point, I never said that)

Boy, you're right, that covid-19.
We didn't listen!

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
What 'Everysurfer' doesn't seem to understand is that many of us are well aware of how dangerous this virus can be to certain people. There is no denying that.
That doesn't, however, mean that we need to accept every poorly thought out, partially implimented, supported by one random non peer reviewed, no tangible goal having, no specific question answering, new rule under the umbrella of "it's unknown, therefor anything at all to be safer!"

We flattened the curve, we put in our time as a group. It is now personal responsibility time. Open everything to those of us who are, as a rule, safe. Tell everyone who is, as a rule, not safe, to do what they must to stay safe.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
We flattened the curve, we put in our time as a group. It is now personal responsibility time. Open everything to those of us who are, as a rule, safe. Tell everyone who is, as a rule, not safe, to do what they must to stay safe.
Do you ever think about the hospitals getting overwhelmed by letting the virus burn through the population?

Do you even think that is a problem?

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
for some bizarre reason news about America/covid has kind of dried up over here.

could someone give me a summary of a: California.
b: rest of America.

cheers.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
"We flattened the curve, we put in our time as a group."

False. We failed.
Failed to what?

Eradicate covid-19?

Not gonna fuckin' happen. We did what we said we would do. Slowed down everything, flattened the curve, did it for weeks longer than we had initially agreed to.

What is the goal now?

huryanpost

Michael Peterson status
Dec 9, 2010
Right now the consensus is where I live 55 out of a 100 could be contagious.
don’t really like those numbers.