*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Oh, one more thought on work from home regarding socializing
I used to chat with coworkers on and off during the day, which was really easy in an open office environment, but never even looked at the erbb, which i wouldn’t even think about doing in an open office environment
Now I’m back on here
I can get away with more open talk on here, so that’s good, and I still talk to coworkers that I actually work with, but I kind of miss the natural interactions with random people in the same office. Not saying that will drive me towards returning to the office, but I like the people there, and kind of miss that
this is the hard part about WFH....sometimes I go over to my neighbor's house
to hang with her dog and just chit chat with a human

I've been WFH for over 15 years so I don't have friends at work in the same way
that someone who's been office-based does

my job is weird because I have to be up early to catch team in Barcelona and then
need to be on late to pick up clients in Asia

the middle of my day is for swim/surf/masturbate/cycle/eat/siesta

Reactions: CutnSnip

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
6 years out of the house for me.

When my workload was heavy I worked a lot. Too much IMO. Nights, weekends, etc. My way to deal with that though was to let some clients go over the past few years.

It's hard to get the perfect work balance and there is the natural anxiety of "what if I have no work" but I'm getting closer to the holy grail of the Goldilocks work flow than I ever have before and I've been an attorney for almost 20 years now.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah there is a certain energy missing when everyone is separated. We’re a purely sales organization, so the banter, the esprit de corps, the shared anxiety of #saleslife, and yes even the brawling and arguing all keep the engine humming. I have no problem with self discipline at home and separating work from non work. But it’s scary being so quiet for so many months. I’ve booked a few decent deals, but literally millions of dollars off of where I would have been. The silence is still deafening sometimes. it’s also maddening to have to wait for replies and answers and deliverable from various departments, but that may be more of a reflection on my own character defect Of impatience

Reactions: afoaf

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
I love working from home.

Went to meet a client/ job walk this morning, came home for lunch and a nap.

I'll be drawing plans until late. With a break for dinner and shove a highway flare down a gopher hole

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Now that I've been working from home I've been spending a lot more time on here. That could be a plus, or a minus.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
We’re a purely sales organization, so the banter, the esprit de corps, the shared anxiety of #saleslife,
I miss this tremendously....even when WFH I was on the phone constantly with my
work wife (her name is Greg) and we were all out in the field together regularly.

it is a very special type of work relationship

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Opening up schools for Fall.

I am a Trump supporter but this is insane.

We are spiking up. Nationwide, everywhere. It's like putting the fleas on the black rats and letting them loose. (The Black Plague was carried by fleas) In this case its children. Maybe it's retribution for the rioting. The less educated will suffer the most.

Bring Out Your Dead!!!

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Opening up schools for Fall.

I am a Trump supporter but this is insane.

We are spiking up. Nationwide, everywhere. It's like putting the fleas on the black rats and letting them loose. (The Black Plague was carried by fleas) In this case its children. Maybe it's retribution for the rioting. The less educated will suffer the most.

Bring Out Your Dead!!!
This is an experiment in cognitive dissonance.

You are a tRump supporter, and have applauded him for four years now.

Yet you are now becoming aware that he is incapable of doing the job he was hired to do, and in all likelihood, will get someone close to you killed.

Are you able to overcome your earlier belief system that we needed a strongman who listened to no one, and suffer the continuing consequence; will you change your thought pattern and learn from past mistakes.

Many before you have failed at this challenge. We have seen Billy Ocean slip back into previously set patterns.

This will be interesting. Keep us posted on your thoughts as more people around you die.

goingoutside

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 7, 2016
This is an experiment in cognitive dissonance.

You are a tRump supporter, and have applauded him for four years now.

Yet you are now becoming aware that he is incapable of doing the job he was hired to do, and in all likelihood, will get someone close to you killed.

Are you able to overcome your earlier belief system that we needed a strongman who listened to no one, and suffer the continuing consequence; will you change your thought pattern and learn from past mistakes.

Many before you have failed at this challenge. We have seen Billy Ocean slip back into previously set patterns.

This will be interesting. Keep us posted on your thoughts as more people around you die.
" This will be interesting. Keep us posted on your thoughts as more people around you die."

Just wondering how many people that you know personally that were healthy, and living active lives have just suddenly died from this so-called deadly "virus"? And did you send them a sympathy card and go to their services and memorials?

They gotta be people you personally know, people you see every week, and now are dead and gone.

Don't be shy, you can put a big zero if all your friends and family are still with you.

I am curious, where are all your huge numbers of people you know that have been wiped off the face of the earth?

Please tell us all your stories, we what to hear all about them.

.....I am goingoutside now....

• Dislike
Reactions: Mr Doof

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
LA County is a National Fail. It is proven. 125,000 cases as of tonight, maybe more. Our Governor, Gavin Nusom is a failure. The people of LA county are failures. They took this craq for granted. Revenue. Taxes. Now it's ICU beds.
" This will be interesting. Keep us posted on your thoughts as more people around you die."

Just wondering how many people that you know personally that were healthy, and living active lives have just suddenly died from this so-called deadly "virus"? And did you send them a sympathy card and go to their services and memorials?

They gotta be people you personally know, people you see every week, and now are dead and gone.

Don't be shy, you can put a big zero if all your friends and family are still with you.

I am curious, where are all your huge numbers of people you know that have been wiped off the face of the earth?

The people. The little people you don't know. The ones without insurance. Not at your dinner tables, HAW,HAW,HAW.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County

My Dad died last week. He was in a nursing home. Not sure if covid or not. It was pneumonia. Either way, because of Covid, he saw no family for the last month of his life. He died alone

Thanks for asking

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
My Dad died last week. He was in a nursing home. Not sure if covid or not. It was pneumonia. Either way, because of Covid, he saw no family for the last month of his life. He died alone

Thanks for asking
That was not the question that was asked.

Three times in this thread that question has been asked.
Can you name the healthy people you know who have died from covid-19?

Three times now, the responses have been "my very old sick relative died of something but may have had covid-19, at some point"

Very sorry for your loss. Confused that you let someone tell you that you couldn't see your dying father, then took from it the lesson that we all aren't taking this serious enough.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County

Three times now, the responses have been "my very old sick relative died of something but may have had covid-19, at some point"
It's such a weird question to ask. But you are young andx inexperienced, so I'll take a moment and try to explain it to you.

If you want to find a healthy person who died of it, go read the obituaries. 130,000 Americans alone have died of it. It won't take you long to find a healthy one.

Does it matter if out of the 100 regulars who post here were close to anyone? There have been some who have already lost people, and have said it here.

My Dad died of pneumonia during the pandemic. His symptoms sure sounded like Covid. There were cases in his nursing home. There are lots of false negative tests when he,was tested, so I'll never be sure.

And you say that the deaths were all people who were ill. This question is the most foolish. It matters less to you that the old or sick die more than the healthy. You belittle the life of someone with asthma. I have a 17 year old niece with asthma living in Oklahoma, a hot spot. Her life means less to you because she has asthma.

Try to think through what you say before you say it.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY

Very sorry for your loss. Confused that you let someone tell you that you couldn't see your dying father, then took from it the lesson that we all aren't taking this serious enough.
How many times do we have to tell you fukkers. Yes, I know people that died from covid that would otherwise be here alive. Not 30 year olds, sorry I can’t provide that.but my colleague would probably have lived another few decades, covid killed her in a week. My EMT friends that caught it (many of them did) are mostly all very young and healthy, most of them recovered quick and easy, but a few still have major lung and energy issues months later. Imagine being an invincible 25 year old who spends 50 hours a week responding to medical emergencies in the projects. Then you get sick with this new thing. But it’s cool you’re young and badass. But then MONTHS later, no Longer testing positive, you still can’t walk up a flight of stairs and you feel like you’re about to suffocate most of the day. but Please, shout your ignorance from the roof tops as proof that this doesn’t exist.