*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
This has zero to do with the Constitution and everything to do with the 10th richest country on the planet (Mexico) being unable to provide for the people who call it home.
What's the source that says Mexico is the 10th richest country in the world? Probably rthe same source that once said Brazil was the 5th economy. lol

Not saying it ain't true, but that doesn't sound right. Source please, curious here.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
What's the source that says Mexico is the 10th richest country in the world? Probably rthe same source that once said Brazil was the 5th economy. lol

Not saying it ain't true, but that doesn't sound right. Source please, curious here.
Richest from a top economy sense

They've fallen a bit to number 15 since I last checked (maybe 5 years ago)
Source = The World Bank. See the bottom of the article for the direct link.

Also, more info here under "Macroeconomic, financial and welfare indicators":

Last edited:
Reactions: brukuns

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
The mask is good for me because it reminds me to stay away from people.

When I put it on, I move fast to do what has to be done so I can take it off. If I wear for more than 5 minutes, I start getting super irritated.

I've been an amazing social distancer.

I really have.
No surprise.

You are truly an amazing person.

I know, because you say so.

Repeatedly.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
it really takes a lot of processing power to correctly process the social
cues and context necessary to properly identify and enjoy a joke

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
Questions:

- Hasn't it been determined asymptomatic people are not contagious? Makes sense no? Takes a good sneeze or cough to really project those aerosols.

- Hasn't it been determined that its unlikely to catch this this from touching surfaces?

- Lastly, please indicate if you know someone who has contracted this. Not a friend of a friend. But a direct relationship. What was their experience with the virus.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Questions:

- Hasn't it been determined asymptomatic people are not contagious? Makes sense no? Takes a good sneeze or cough to really project those aerosols.

- Hasn't it been determined that its unlikely to catch this this from touching surfaces?

- Lastly, please indicate if you know someone who has contracted this. Not a friend of a friend. But a direct relationship. What was their experience with the virus.
1. Read something about that but CDC and WHO been so flipfloppy with all info that at this point Im just using common sense.

2. Again, read something but I think info coming out of these places and the news is unreliable and again exercising common sense.

3. No. No first hand relationships to speak of.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA

Mexico is not in top 23 in 2015.

Mexico at 15 in 2020 according to this.

Probably a few ways to measure things, so....

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
My great aunt, in her early 90s in a nursing home swabbed positive. She was asymptomatic.

At work, many people. They stay in the hospital a long time. Two or more months in ICU, kidney failure, and a tracheostomy is the usual course for survivors who get very sick. Doing more ECMO than we thought possible. Even the patients who are on the ventilator just a few weeks and recover quickly require paralytics and therefore tons of sedative drugs. Nearly all of them seem to have diabetes and a noticeable number of them are significantly fatter than your average fat person.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Questions:

yes, many, of all varieties up to and including death. But i've summarized that in other threads. and that is personal first hand. and then i have another several hundred friends and colleagues who also know several. so double yes.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Multiple people in this thread have spoke about immediate family getting it, and one person's dad died from it.