*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
so you support mandates for people to get a vaccine (with no long term safety data) for a disease they have already recovered from.

so dumb.

people here on erbb are being grievously damaged by your ilk
I support a company's right to choose whether it wants its employees to be vaccinated. I also support an employee's right to choose whether (s)he wants to work there given the employer's choice on vaccines. Freedom baby.

Do you think you can't get covid again?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
These people don't have any moral or scientific basis for their views - they just like people like us being dunked on by power. It's a game for them. That's why they don't care about hypocrisy - their ability to be hypocritical demonstrates their power.
There are plenty of ways to live your life. Don't want to be dunked on by your employer? Start your own company. Nobody is forcing anyone to work for the man.

WaialuaNate

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 19, 2011
There are plenty of ways to live your life. Don't want to be dunked on by your employer? Start your own company. Nobody is forcing anyone to work for the man.
This exact argument is used in the 'minimum wage / living wage' space, yet it gains no traction from a few prominent screechers here. Why is it viable in this scenario?

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink and PRCD

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
This exact argument is used in the 'minimum wage / living wage' space, yet it gains no traction from a few prominent screechers here. Why is it viable in this scenario?
Because those posters would say that certain segments of society aren’t capable of this . . . . Because those posters are racist.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
"you can leave if you don't like it" is used in the minimum wage discussion? Many do, and those who don't aren't likely to have the skills or ability to earn more at the time. I mean, I've left jobs because I could, and I've stayed at jobs that I didn't like because there weren't then better opportunities for me.

Are you suggesting he's not skilled enough to land a job that suits him better?

• Dislike
Reactions: PRCD

WaialuaNate

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 19, 2011
"you can leave if you don't like it" is used in the minimum wage discussion? Many do, and those who don't aren't likely to have the skills or ability to earn more at the time. I mean, I've left jobs because I could, and I've stayed at jobs that I didn't like because there weren't then better opportunities for me.

Are you suggesting he's not skilled enough to land a job that suits him better?
Are you trying to ride both sides of this argument? It's the lawyer in you coming out.

The entry level jobs need to pay more argument is stupid. They are just that, entry level. Gain some experience and move on/up. This doesn't fit the equality of outcome narrative that a certain sect of posters screams to the heavens about.

Reactions: grapedrink and PRCD

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
I support a company's right to choose whether it wants its employees to be vaccinated
yeah, we've been through this

you support a company mandating that people get a vaccine (with no long term safety data) for a disease they have already recovered from

so dumb

Reactions: kpd73

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
yeah, we've been through this

you support a company mandating that people get a vaccine (with no long term safety data) for a disease they have already recovered from

so dumb
Yes. Freedom. Corporations have it too.

What long term safety record do you need? Considering the vaccine contains no live virus and exits your body in a matter of days, what long term concerns do you have?

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Yes. Freedom.
freedom to be.... SO DUMB

they did fairly well with that freedom for many years

now... not so much

i would totally entertain an argument saying the policy is dumb but they should have the freedom to make dumb policies

but to actually support the dumb policy itself? as you are doing right now?

well, that's dumb too!

Last edited:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Are you trying to ride both sides of this argument? It's the lawyer in you coming out.

The entry level jobs need to pay more argument is stupid. They are just that, entry level. Gain some experience and move on/up. This doesn't fit the equality of outcome narrative that a certain sect of posters screams to the heavens about.
That's his MO.

Ivory tower. Someone pulled him up by his bootstraps.

• Love

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
What regulatory, competitive, technical, and legal barriers might exist for an employee trying to do this in industries besides yours?
Yes. Freedom. Corporations have it too.
Corporations aren't people.
What long term safety record do you need?
An honest accounting of adverse events tracked through government adverse event collection systems, including and under-reporting factor. For example, myocarditis was claimed to be vanishingly-rare during the vaccine push on young people then ACIP recently admitted it was 1 in 2,500 to 1 in 5,000, it caused hospitalization, and not all patients had recovered after 6 months. Meanwhile, the hospitalization rate due to COVID in this cohort is 10-20x lower than the hospitalization rate caused by the vaccines.

Considering the vaccine contains no live virus and exits your body in a matter of days, what long term concerns do you have?
Long term effects on the immune system such as what happened to Sharky's daughter.

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Next week it’ll be a year since my dads passing. Because of Covid I was not allowed to visit him- his last 2 weeks were in the hospital.

My mom had Lung cancer about 5 yrs ago. It came back during early Covid & she didn’t want to deal w the stress, hassle n bull$hit that Covid added so she did nothing til fairly recently n by then it was really bad - had spread to her liver etc. She passed last week.

What a fckn sad and cruel joke our response to Covid turned out to be for so many people, in so many ways - some more subtle than others.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
freedom to be.... SO DUMB

they did fairly well with that freedom for many years

now... not so much

i would totally entertain an argument saying the policy is dumb but they should have the freedom to make dumb policies

but to actually support the dumb policy itself? as you are doing right now?

well, that's dumb too!
I don’t need to support it or not. It’s your gig.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
I trip out on how these guys can't let it go.
so, getting back to the thing that drew me back into this discussion... i still don't know who "these guys" are, but the reason *i* can't let it it go is because there are still a bunch of absurd mandates impacting me *and* there are a bunch of people who support those absurd mandates

so dumb and bizarre

Last edited: