*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
not even

i have invested a decade into building and learning a set of complex systems that are unique to my employer

the knowledge of those systems is valuable

changing jobs at this point would be a staggering loss of either time or money depending on how you want to measure it
Then your choice is made. Your choice.

• Dislike
Reactions: PRCD

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Remember last year when the Biden regime was trying to create an OSHA rule that you couldn't work at a company of over 100 employees unless you were vaccinated and it took the Supreme Court to shoot it down?
Yep. Checks and balances. It’s how the system works.

Doesn’t mean employers can’t do it anyway.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
No.

I have zero empathy for people who whine about a shot. In fact, I doubt he’s even required to get another booster.
Zero empathy on this topic is consistent with all other topics though. Maybe you're a different guy IRL.
Yep. Checks and balances. It’s how the system works.
Glad to hear you're a supporter of the Roe v. Wade overturn then.

Reactions: grapedrink

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
I have zero empathy for people who whine about a shot. In fact, I doubt he’s even required to get another booster.
so you support mandates for people to get a vaccine (with no long term safety data) for a disease they have already recovered from.

so dumb.

people here on erbb are being grievously damaged by your ilk

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
so you support mandates for people to get a vaccine (with no long term safety data) for a disease they have already recovered from.

so dumb.
These people don't have any moral or scientific basis for their views - they just like people like us being dunked on by power. It's a game for them. That's why they don't care about hypocrisy - their ability to be hypocritical demonstrates their power.

Reactions: grapedrink

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
These people don't have any moral or scientific basis for their views - they just like people like us being dunked on by power. It's a game for them. That's why they don't care about hypocrisy - their ability to be hypocritical demonstrates their power.
is it a game? or is it an ideology that functions like a secular religion?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
is it a game? or is it an ideology that functions much like a secular religion?
Several things at once, I guess. The managerial class is both a cult and serves an economic function, though the ideology of "rule by technocratic expert managers" serves to reinforce their so-called economic necessity.

It's also a game. The Romans had the coliseum where public enemies and barbarians could be fed to lions or made to fight gladiators. We have two parties, the press, and social media.

Edit: as a member of the managerial class, notice how much he enjoys power being exercised on you. Why? Because it publicly reinforces his necessity. I watched this in the last project I was on. I was one of the two guys on the physical end though I wrote a bunch of software to control that aspect. The other guy gave up and retired. He was a very good senior engineer with several patents and wanted to keep working but things were too effed up and they were ignoring our suggestions to fix it.. I left for a competitor. The manager didn't seem to care and was going to re-hire a guy laid-off in previous years which would set the program back months. IOW, they see guys like us as reserve, exchangeable labor and don't care if they don't have a product, or at least don't notice until it's gone. Ironically, he was just in this exact situation - he was a contractor writing code that had been laid-off in previous years. The minute his station was re-instated he went right back to being a bugman.

Last edited:
Reactions: crustBrother

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Zero empathy on this topic is consistent with all other topics though. Maybe you're a different guy IRL.

Glad to hear you're a supporter of the Roe v. Wade overturn then.
I haven’t said anything different. I support abortion rights, but the holding is what it is.

Also, the overturning of Roe wasn’t checks and balances since the Court created the right to abortion itself.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I trip out on how these guys can't let it go.
If it was some outrage that was caused by Trump, all is forgiven and the whole thing is quickly forgotten. No biggie.
If it was some outrage caused by the other side, they never ever let it go. Decades later they'll still be triggered.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
If it was some outrage that was caused by Trump, all is forgiven and the whole thing is quickly forgotten. No biggie.
If it was some outrage caused by the other side, they never ever let it go. Decades later they'll still be triggered.
Never mind that Trump was the one who first shut the country down and developed (and received and touted) the vaccine through operation Warp Speed.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I'm going to get my booster shot this week.:dancing:

Just for spite.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
  • Haha
Reactions: Mr Doof