*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Masks are back at work. Please plan to comply with this new order at 1159 Saturday july 17
Where I work, we make Covid tests. Understandedly, we need people to work the manufacturing lines, and be healthy. Thus we have a maks policy. Company was going to relax the mask policy this week, until their survey showed too low a percentage of staff are innoculated.

That curve is starting to look line a sinc function, used to filter frequency data. Did anybody actually expect the curve to stay down after the initial main peak? If you did, you are reality challenged. Just about everything in our observable life oscillates in patterns like the above.

Or maybe we should look at the curve like it's a set of waves. The 2nd wave was clearly the best, and those who missed it are desperate to catch the 3rd and last wave of the set. Haha, the one that's all foamy and backwashy.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Went to an all ages punk show on Friday night. It was packed, people screaming, pitting and stage-diving (not me). Lots of unvaccinated people there, probably. Maybe two people there wearing masks. Definitely a super-spreader event if such a thing exists.

I figure if I (and wife and our friend) don't get sick in the next 24 hours, Pfizer is working.

Reactions: need 4 speed

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
Where I work, we make Covid tests. Understandedly, we need people to work the manufacturing lines, and be healthy. Thus we have a maks policy. Company was going to relax the mask policy this week, until their survey showed too low a percentage of staff are innoculated.

That curve is starting to look line a sinc function, used to filter frequency data. Did anybody actually expect the curve to stay down after the initial main peak? If you did, you are reality challenged. Just about everything in our observable life oscillates in patterns like the above.

Or maybe we should look at the curve like it's a set of waves. The 2nd wave was clearly the best, and those who missed it are desperate to catch the 3rd and last wave of the set. Haha, the one that's all foamy and backwashy.
Then there's the rogue canyon set that cleans up everyone .

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Canary Islands Autonomous region government (like the state level government for Hawaii say) has officially requested the Central Government (like the federal government for the US say) permission to restrict entrance to interior public spaces (restaurants, bars, movie theaters, etc) to only those able to provide proof of vaccination.

Normally the islands are a "test market" (like SF for advertising in the US tv market say) for things soon to be rolled out on peninsula (mainland).

:shrug::unsure:

This is about to get interesting. Fall is looking like the "mother" of all lockdowns. Got to avoid these subsequent waves, huh?

:foreheadslap:

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Then there's the rogue canyon set that cleans up everyone .
I was surfing a point break in Mexico and it was a little over head.

Every half hour, there would be a set where the waves were triple over head and it would close out the entire point.

I remember scrambling over two waves and I didn't make the third wave and as a two story wall of white water came toward me I said to my friend, "Are you going to ditch your board?" as he ditched his board.

I ditched mine and dove for the bottom. The white water pulled my 20-30 yards under water while I prayed for my leash not to break.

Fun!

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I was surfing a point break in Mexico and it was a little over head.

Every half hour, there would be a set where the waves were triple over head and it would close out the entire point.

I remember scrambling over two waves and I didn't make the third wave and as a two story wall of white water came toward me I said to my friend, "Are you going to ditch your board?" as he ditched his board.

I ditched mine and dove for the bottom. The white water pulled my 20-30 yards under water while I prayed for my leash not to break.

Fun!
Don't you always regret ditching? When being trashed, I feel much safer knowing that I'm holding to something that will eventually float up. I try to only ditch my board if it's shallow.

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
What would be the COVID equivalent of ditching or duck diving that TOH closeout?
Ditching = locking yourself in the bathroom with a mask on?
Duck dive = confidently walking through the COVID ward unmasked and unvaxed?

asking for a friend

• Haha
Reactions: PPK96754

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Sounds like you can take your Ivermectin and shove it...
Copy paste
Totally agree:
A recent editorial in the British Medical Journal argued that it might be time to change our basic perspective on health research, and assume that health research is fraudulent until proven otherwise.

That is to say, not to assume that all researchers are dishonest, but to begin the receipt of new information in health research from a categorically different baseline level of skepticism as opposed to blind trust.
This is my approach to the "safe and effective" claims. See also: aduhelm, anti-depressents, the FDA. Re: ivermectin, it probably doesn't work but RCTs are underway.

copy paste
wear a mask, goto school

Let me wax Lovecraftian. I have this theory that the mostly-BIPOC younger generations are going to remember this abuse at the hands of old, white Boomers like yourself and the white Boomer bureaucrats and pundits they see on TV. Many will become your nurses, doctors, and caretakers. When you are lying incapacitated on a hospital bed some day in the near future, they may be your nurses, doctors and caretakers. Fresh out of CRT training, the last thing you may see when surrounded by the empty space created by children you failed to have is a BIPOC hand bringing a pillow over your dumb Boomer mouth or starting a euthanasia drip.

• Wow
Reactions: rts265

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Went to an all ages punk show on Friday night. It was packed, people screaming, pitting and stage-diving (not me). Lots of unvaccinated people there, probably. Maybe two people there wearing masks. Definitely a super-spreader event if such a thing exists.

I figure if I (and wife and our friend) don't get sick in the next 24 hours, Pfizer is working.
Welp, my wife called me a little while ago. She cannot taste an Altoid. She's going for a test.

I can taste just fine.

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
Totally agree:

This is my approach to the "safe and effective" claims. See also: aduhelm, anti-depressents, the FDA. Re: ivermectin, it probably doesn't work but RCTs are underway.

Let me wax Lovecraftian. I have this theory that the mostly-BIPOC younger generations are going to remember this abuse at the hands of old, white Boomers like yourself and the white Boomer bureaucrats and pundits they see on TV. Many will become your nurses, doctors, and caretakers. When you are lying incapacitated on a hospital bed some day in the near future, they may be your nurses, doctors and caretakers. Fresh out of CRT training, the last thing you may see when surrounded by the empty space created by children you failed to have is a BIPOC hand bringing a pillow over your dumb Boomer mouth or starting a euthanasia drip.
I'll be sure to leave a full bedpan.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
@Autoprax @JBerry

HP Lovecraft IV took the liberty of writing the last chapter of your life entitled, COVID Death Mask. He is not an atheist so you may see some thematic differences between him and his ancestor. What do you think?
“See that he’s made….comfortable,” the skeletal doctor grinned through his enophthalmic dark eyes.

The only light now came through two tunnels as I struggled for air, my lips blue with pulmonary thrombosis. I watched the dark brown nurse return a knowing, sinister glance and the slightest nod to the doctor.

From outside my vision, she crept close and planted a kiss on my forehead. “Sleep now, Boomer,” she whispered. Her breath froze my damp skin as I croaked, “WEAR A MASK” through my fleshy, amphibian throat.

Suddenly, a pillow enshrouded my face. I strained to scream and then to gasp through the layers of comfort now sending me into oblivion like a face covering of infinite layers. Soon, the light reaching my eyes opened like a vast cavern – the sweet, blissful light of suffocation. “Heaven!” I marveled, “How I knew I deserved such an end." My struggling quickly faded into calm, quiet peace as my life unfolded before me.

The dream ended as I woke to the screams and wails approaching in asphyxiating heat and infernal darkness as I plunged to the boundless depths. Blindly, I fell as if forever yet at last I slowed to the bottom – slower as I came nearer. I saw dim light across the vast chasm that yawned like a fanged maw. The only brightness mocked my infernal darkness as I settled for eternity.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
@Autoprax @JBerry

HP Lovecraft IV took the liberty of writing the last chapter of your life entitled, COVID Death Mask. He is not an atheist so you may see some thematic differences between him and his ancestor. What do you think?
You think I like wearing a mask?

Or is it that straw man you have crafted to look like me?

Mr PRCD Strawcraft IV?

Reactions: tacos