*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
That must unbelievably painful
Hang in there gws
Thanks. I'm handling it better. This has been going on for awhile. I've kind of had to make peace with it. Accept that I am not in control of the situation and flow with things in the best way possible. And this could still take awhile. He's been written off so many times only to rally. He could be dead right now or he could go another year. I just don't know. I just want him to go to sleep and pass peacefully. He's not having any fun anymore. He's not as sad as he was. The dementia has stolen most of his life from his memories. He still knows who I am, but there's not much to talk about anymore other than what is on his TV. It's like dementia is an anesthesia in a way. Sad when the body outlives the mind. He was doing great until he had a stroke due to AF. And he had a great life. He skied me into the ground in his 80's. Black diamond runs. He rode his last wave in his early 80's. Not many people get that far. He's done well.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Thanks. I'm handling it better. This has been going on for awhile. I've kind of had to make peace with it. Accept that I am not in control of the situation and flow with things in the best way possible. And this could still take awhile. He's been written off so many times only to rally. He could be dead right now or he could go another year. I just don't know. I just want him to go to sleep and pass peacefully. He's not having any fun anymore. He's not as sad as he was. The dementia has stolen most of his life from his memories. He still knows who I am, but there's not much to talk about anymore other than what is on his TV. It's like dementia is an anesthesia in a way. Sad when the body outlives the mind. He was doing great until he had a stroke due to AF. And he had a great life. He skied me into the ground in his 80's. Black diamond runs. He rode his last wave in his early 80's. Not many people get that far. He's done well.

i feel for you.

got my 86 and 9 month old mom at home right now, plucked her out of florida before the fit hit the shan out there.

she's losing touch with reality here, but much rather that than the chit storm that is going on where she left.

i pray for you and your family.

:shaka:

Reactions: GWS_2

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
And he had a great life. He skied me into the ground in his 80's. Black diamond runs. He rode his last wave in his early 80's. Not many people get that far. He's done well.
A very robust, athletic man. I hope things work out for you all.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
GWS. I was dealing with my mom's AF related stroke effects 10+ years or so back. It didn't affect her as much physically (some dizzyness) but speech and short term memory were toasted. She could barely get out 2 words that made sense, before it turned unintelligible. I could tell her frustration, sadness and depression from it, as it didn't improve.

If I was usually able to at least get her to smile at least once each visit, that helped. She still had long term memories embedded, but tough to communicate them.

One thing about dementia, is that they live in the moment, because it's lost 5-10 minutes later. So any bad news is soon forgotten, and good times should be enjoyed to the fullest at that moment. Embrace those moments while you can.

Last edited:

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
The science of lockdowns and masking....follow the bouncing ball....they're worthless....
And flu is being characterized as Covid-19.....see the data....evidence.....but but but.....
Full vid here...

And more on the disappearance of the flu in both the N and S "Hemisphere"....but but but....Masks!

Here's a well informed Doctor ( Dr. Simone Gold) giving a speech regarding the re mRNA V A Xs.....the science and other fun facts....

And here's an interview with the co-author of the book....What Really Makes You Ill...providing information counter to Germ Theory......i.e. Its the Terrain...

Take some time to fully understand the other side of the coin.....both sides of the argument.....
Yes....it's not part of your consensus reality.....brought to you by "the authorities".....
And if you feel this kind of info should be :ban:....well.....maybe you forgot that free speech is a right everyone has....
Nobody can take that away.....yet the authorities sure seem to be setting the stage to do just that.....modern day book burning.
What are they afraid of?
Where will it lead?
Hmmmm?

Last edited:

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Reactions: potato-nator

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Did you read the article?
we have more deaths and hospitalizations per capita so we should....open up?!

is the point that we're so fkd we should just shun all measures?

do you not think that lifting restrictions would lead to more deaths and more hospitalizations in California?

• Dislike
Reactions: stringcheese

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
we have more deaths and hospitalizations per capita so we should....open up?!

is the point that we're so fkd we should just shun all measures?

do you not think that lifting restrictions would lead to more deaths and more hospitalizations in California?
No.

I'm saying it's likely some of the current measures, such as the restrictions placed on dining, are having a negligible effect.

This is from my personal experience "on the front lines" (cringe) and CA data.

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Compilation of "the authorities" talking about wearing masks...a timeline of 2020 mask direction....
Quite the tell....