*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
A pompous blowhard with a lame sense of humor and small sense of giving back to the neighborhood.

Suppose it could have been much worse. Thanks for taking it easy on me.:cheers:
Actually I like it when you virtue signal with you intellect.:shaka:

You are much smarter than I.

And your sign repair skill put me to shame.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mr Doof and mundus

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
They're both wrong.

Rand is overstating herd immunity while Fauci's "22%" is leaving out details that some areas of NYC that were hard hit have very high levels of immunity far beyond 22%.

His model puts the threshold for herd immunity at 43 percent — that is, the virus cannot hang on in a community after that percentage of residents has been infected and recovered.

Still, that means many residents of the community will have been sickened or have died, a high price to pay for herd immunity. And experts like Dr. Hanage cautioned that even a community that may have reached herd immunity cannot afford to be complacent.

Rand is trying argue that NYC's lower (sustained) infection rates are because of "community immunity"
and, by extension, that mask mandates, social distancing, and other measure are no longer necessary.

Fauchi simply points out that an average 22% antibody rate in the population is not sufficient for herd
immunity. your article makes allusions to lower levels required to achieve herd immunity relative to
the historical precedent of 70%, but they are couched and caveated pretty thoroughly as model-based
and not necessarily reliable real-world guidelines.

I could see someone padding their numbers and saying....sh!t, let's just call 52% 70% to be safe....but
at the heart of their exchange, Rand Paul is being Rand fkn Paul and Fauchi fairly corrects him.

I am more piqued by the survival rates based on the CDC numbers someone posted recently

if you're 70 and up, IF you contract the virus, you have a 94.6% chance of surviving.

it was a nearly 5-9's survival rate for 1-30 age group (IIRC)...

open it the fk up already

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
In Scotland you can't make a visit to another's home....except in some cases, of course.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions....

drainer

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2009
Lewdcadia
Rand is trying argue that NYC's lower (sustained) infection rates are because of "community immunity"
and, by extension, that mask mandates, social distancing, and other measure are no longer necessary.

Fauchi simply points out that an average 22% antibody rate in the population is not sufficient for herd
immunity. your article makes allusions to lower levels required to achieve herd immunity relative to
the historical precedent of 70%, but they are couched and caveated pretty thoroughly as model-based
and not necessarily reliable real-world guidelines.

I could see someone padding their numbers and saying....sh!t, let's just call 52% 70% to be safe....but
at the heart of their exchange, Rand Paul is being Rand fkn Paul and Fauchi fairly corrects him.

I am more piqued by the survival rates based on the CDC numbers someone posted recently

if you're 70 and up, IF you contract the virus, you have a 94.6% chance of surviving.

it was a nearly 5-9's survival rate for 1-30 age group (IIRC)...

open it the fk up already
Can you post a link to those stats?
Oddly it appears they have been removed from the CDC website. They were def there the other day....

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Simple question.

READ HERE-----> How many of your close friends or family members that are in good health and without underlying health problems have suddenly dropped dead from this "killer virus"?

ANSWER HERE ----> ?

Are all you guys too afraid to answer the simple question?

.....I am goingoutside now.....just asking a simple question....are you still hiding "inside"?....does the "light" make your eyes hurt?

Reactions: goingoutside

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
Going outside is the typical heartless bible thumper.

If it didn't happen to me or mine, then it didn't happen. Missionary work? That's for the Mormons and Jehovas Whitnesses. I only give a stranger my coat if I know him, and we go to the same church. I mean, what's the point in charity if nobody saw me do it?

Kiss him quick Judas, you got places to be.
The only way to troll a real Christian is by calling them a Judas. DUH.

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
So cool...technology of the very near future will sense your health status via bio engineered body sensors....
Wait....what?!

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
great now i think my house is haunted. our puppy started to bark at something under our sofa in the TV area, then all of a sudden started SCREECHING like she was being bitten by something extremely painful as she went tear assing across the great room floor. Then like a light switch, she calmed down, and is now lying peacefully on a different sofa with toy between her paws. WTF did she see? Is the devil himself under that couch? Jonah? or did she just see a bug and get spooked? the screeching was so nerve shattering i'm still kind of rattled. Even our cleaning guy, who was working upstairs with ear phones in, came downstairs to see WTF was wrong. Not sure if this is the right thread, but with the whole religious debate going on, maybe there are some lurkers reading this who are experts in demonic possession of 9 month old shih tzu's.
Depends on whether or not your "dabbling." Novices hide witchcraft because its taboo (for good reasons). Experts hide it because they've realized its sinister, made peace with it, and understand its usefulness is contingent upon its capacity for deception.

You dabble? I remember you referencing "Illuminati types." Oddly enough I do qualify as an expert in this category.

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
Depends on whether or not your "dabbling." Novices hide witchcraft because its taboo (for good reasons). Experts hide it because they've realized its sinister, made peace with it, and understand its usefulness is contingent upon its capacity for deception.

You dabble? I remember you referencing "Illuminati types." Oddly enough I do qualify as an expert in this category.
Holy fucking sh!t :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

drainer

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2009
Lewdcadia

Chillout

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
Holy fucking sh!t :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
The experts usually hide out within the fields perceived as the antithesis of the demonic or spirituality- Christian churches (Catholicism and Pentecostalism predominantly) and the sciences. These are considered to be the best covers as the represent a spectrum of reality that we've been brainwashed into believing can't coexist with malicious spirituality or spirituality period. And for the most part the conditioning has worked.

• Haha
Reactions: Driftcoast

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah, uh, I don’t really dabble in much sorcery or anything of that ilk. I don’t even think we have a Ouija board in the house. Although my aunt is a self proclaimed clairvoyant and does astrological readings and tarot etc. she once called me an old soul when I was barely 3, according to subway family lore

• Haha
Reactions: Jonahbrah

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
Every time JonahBrah says something dumb, I have a voodoo doll I stick a pin in.

Running out of pins. Might just throw it in the barbeque

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
Yeah, uh, I don’t really dabble in much sorcery or anything of that ilk. I don’t even think we have a Ouija board in the house. Although my aunt is a self proclaimed clairvoyant and does astrological readings and tarot etc. she once called me an old soul when I was barely 3, according to subway family lore
Well it's in the bloodline.

You also could have pissed the wrong person off. If you're not a Christian then you'd be entirely vulnerable to everything they throw your way...which could be one of the root causes of depression you suffer from. Bad depression is the synergy of several different causes.

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
Yeah, I wrapped rocks in ti leaves at waterfalls. I'm down with that ritual jive.
Tea leave readings are a form of divinition. I know a man who treasures a decades old
tea leave prophecy by an annual recounting of events... but rejects Christianity because its superstitious and fake lol.

Seriously. The irony and blindness of the self-proclaimed scientific American makes you wonder how such an absence of self-awareness can exist while achieving some sort of financial success, as a large sect of the population. No wonder the youth reject the corporate culture.

A dissattached aging hippy generation has been the catalyst for a decaying culture, absolutely oblivious to their role in the moral decay (including work ethic) , and they blindly object to the potentiality of its causation being related to Christianity (those that know the facts behind the free love movement are sworn to secrecy).

Levey was right. They won. That's what happens when you play the long game. It doesn't make sense when you value what is truly good. You see the abolition of freedom as some assisine concept that no self respecting American would indulge in. But evil doesn't operate through logic. And the mistake is trying to interpret it with logic. It is simply lust and power. Hence the average blue collar families inability to process the current events and its long term retaliation towards the reality of evil.