*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

crustBrother

Miki Dora status
Apr 23, 2001
I’m hedging long on gold. Just a couple of shekels but it’s a legit little piece of my cash reserves.
Nice move. A few months ago I decided to put a few quid into either gold or bitcoin in response to the fed. I went with bitcoin. Its been good so far, but gold has been better. So far. Good luck!

Reactions: the janitor

enframed

Miki Dora status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Gyms should be able to set up outside.

Just wheel out some weights into the parking lot.
This is happening, resulting in hilarity and annoyance. For example, one of my restaurant accounts that re-opened outdoors only is across the street from a crossfit type gym that now operates outdoors only, So now while you at one time could go have a nice quite lunch on a quiet street by the beach in LA, now you have people screaming as they power-lift, giving each other loud high-fives, metal clanking, and people running past you while the "coach" yells commands. It's super annoying for guests.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
This is happening, resulting in hilarity and annoyance. For example, one of my restaurant accounts that re-opened outdoors only is across the street from a crossfit type gym that now operates outdoors only, So now while you at one time could go have a nice quite lunch on a quiet street by the beach in LA, now you have people screaming as they power-lift, giving each other loud high-fives, metal clanking, and people running past you while the "coach" yells commands. It's super annoying for guests.
if they are serving alcohol that sounds like a fantastic setup for commentary and judge's scorecards

enframed

Miki Dora status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
if they are serving alcohol that sounds like a fantastic setup for commentary and judge's scorecards
Yes, full bar and restaurant. This sounds like fun!

Subway

Phil Edwards status
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Good play on gold! I ignore it because it moves so little. Missed opportunity
Im no expert, far from it, but most finance and forex guys just assume a drastic drop in the dollar is inevitable, and Johnny main street isn’t really thinking about it. You’re not too late I don’t think. But I made my hedge for the dollar risk for the next year or so- the quick little profit taking was a happy accident. I was able to collect 1500 or whatever and still have my original total in GLD for the actual reason I bought in the first place. Just dumb luck, and seriously I only sold a few shares just to make myself feel better.

Reactions: stringcheese

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Wifey has been buying gold things off Goodwill.com for the last couple years and says the bids/prices recently have gone through the roof. Good on ya Subway!