another fking idiot

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
another fking idiot

He thinks it was actually the few times he DID wear mask that gave it to him.

I am not making this up.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Have seen this study and you don't have to tell me twice. 60 y/o, still exclusively a short-boarder, figure I have 10-15 years left, if I'm very lucky, and I am not disposed to surrender a minute of that time to Covid-19 and it's potentially long-term effects. My reaction early on was "bring it, let's get it over with"....but my resident infectious disease expert has pointed out to me that it is wise to avoid exposure as long as possible, because treatment options are likely to improve with time. To ignore the prevailing scientific data would be confirmation that I am, as Jonahbroh recently pointed out, literally the stupidest poster here.
Even mild coronavirus cases can cause lasting cardiovascular damage, study shows
July 28, 2020
Cardiac scans.
If you needed another reason to avoid coronavirus at all costs, here's one.

Skeptics of the disease and the necessity of shutting down the economy to stop its spread have focused on the fact that most coronavirus cases have been mild or even asymptomatic, mistakenly comparing COVID-19 to "just the flu." But a recent study of 100 recovered coronavirus patients reveals 78 of them now have lasting cardiovascular damage even though a vast majority of them had mild cases of COVID-19 in the first place.

The study published Monday in JAMA Cardiology details the results of cardiac MRI exams of 100 recovered coronavirus patients. Twenty-eight of them required oxygen supplementation while fighting the virus, while just two were on ventilators. But 78 of them still had cardiovascular abnormalities after recovery, with 60 of them showing "ongoing myocardial inflammation," the study shows. These conditions appeared to be independent of case severity and pre-existing conditions, though JAMA researchers note these findings need a larger study

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I don't think there will be no viable vaccine.

It will just be treatment to mitigate damage and increase the efficiency of treatment so the hospitals don't get over whelmed.

But maybe Humankind has met its match?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
But maybe Humankind has met its match?
Doubtful.

Perspective:

Estimates vary but on the high end there were close to 150K deaths from the 1957 flu pandemic here in the USA.
At the time the USA population was 172 million.

The USA just surpassed 150K deaths from coronavirus.
The current population of the USA is 330 million.

I'm not even going to get into the number dead from the Black Death.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Doubtful.

Perspective:

Estimates vary but on the high end there were close to 150K deaths from the 1957 flu pandemic here in the USA.
At the time the USA population was 172 million.

The USA just surpassed 150K deaths from coronavirus.
The current population of the USA is 330 million.

I'm not even going to get into the number dead from the Black Death.
Good news!

I guess the only difference is we have a much more fragile society and greater population.

The virus just need to trigger us and we will be the key to our own demise.

• Love
Reactions: PRCD

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
How about everyone just goes on strike!?

Update on the hospital end of things - the number of coronavirus patients in our system has been steadily downtrending since July 4.

We've had a 40% drop in admissions systemwide and an 60% drop in my specific hospital. Way less ICU admissions.

This is as our percent positive in the county has been steady/uptrending to the point it's double what it was during the shutdown.

In other words, currently the percent positive in the county is twice as high as it was during the shutdown but we're seeing less hospital admissions.

You obviously can't trust the county numbers on hospitalizations.

The census of coronavirus patients is actually lower than what it was during the shutdown in my specific unit.

Due to overstaffing I'm on call today for the first time in months.

Last edited:

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
How da'Fook did Fauci know in 2017 there would be a surprise outbreak.....not to mention foretelling the second wave....along with B&M.

When children are afraid they close their eyes, when adults are afraid they close their minds.
People are so scared of dying, they are afraid to live....

• Dislike
Reactions: afoaf

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
How da'Fook did Fauci know in 2017 there would be a surprise outbreak.....not to mention foretelling the second wave....along with B&M.

When children are afraid they close their eyes, when adults are afraid they close their minds.
stfu already.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

You forgot to mention everyone's (your) biggest fear.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf