*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

huryanpost

Michael Peterson status
Dec 9, 2010
Do a little digging. Have you ever heard of their statistical bar? a Couple clicks and you can see their findings county by county.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
could someone give me a summary of a: California.
A trip thought the Central Valley yesterday showed Mexicans don't believe in masks; they must all love Trump.

Now at a Hampton Inn in Northern CA right now.

A nice, newer one.

There's a sign on the door that says face covering are mandated indoors in CA.

There's a huge party of going on full of people in their 50s+ that look like they have the wear of alcohol, cigarettes, and tooth decay on their face. It's taking place in a meeting room. No masks.

The caterers are bringing in food, no masks.

The girl at the front desk is wearing a mask 50% of the time.

There's also a bunch of security guards from the same company staying here. 9/10 of them obese, most of them over 250lbs. No masks.

huryanpost

Michael Peterson status
Dec 9, 2010
Hell, maybe they are putting the Vegas oddsmakers to work. Along with John Hopkins University.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
You're a religious man, right?

Matthew 7:5

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

Come at me bro. Am I religious? No, I don't follow an organized religion. Been there, done that. I couldn't find anybody who believes what they say and lives that life. I consider myself very spiritual, but unhindered by dogma.

I like the teachings, but not the people who come along with it.

Find the plank in my eye please.

Some think that this verse means don't call out anyone. But the contrary is true. It says get your own act together before you talk to others.

While I do have faults, being a pathological liar who's lies could kill people isn't one of them.

Titus 3:10-11
As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

Buh bye stringcheese.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Come at me bro. Am I religious? No, I don't follow an organized religion. Been there, done that. I couldn't find anybody who believes what they say and lives that life. I consider myself very spiritual, but unhindered by dogma.

I like the teachings, but not the people who come along with it.

Find the plank in my eye please.

Some think that this verse means don't call out anyone. But the contrary is true. It says get your own act together before you talk to others.

While I do have faults, being a pathological liar who's lies could kill people isn't one of them.

Titus 3:10-11
As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

Buh bye stringcheese.

Haha, OK.

huryanpost

Michael Peterson status
Dec 9, 2010
findings and research have no validity with the present mindset of the country, but I predict a sea of change.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
Failed to what?

Eradicate covid-19?

Not gonna fuckin' happen. We did what we said we would do. Slowed down everything, flattened the curve, did it for weeks longer than we had initially agreed to.

What is the goal now?
goal is the same since day one: preserving life and the economy.

you fail at both when people refuse to social distance and wear masks.

all the other major first world countries are moving forward on the virus because they did what scientists recommended; America did not and will continue to unnecessarily suffer.

key word: unnecessarily.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
goal is the same since day one: preserving life and the economy.

you fail at both when people refuse to social distance and wear masks.

all the other major first world countries are moving forward on the virus because they did what scientists recommended; America did not and will continue to unnecessarily suffer.

key word: unnecessarily.

yeag its mind boggling

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
A trip thought the Central Valley yesterday showed Mexicans don't believe in masks; they must all love Trump.
Some of them do, I think he won like 25% of the latino vote.

It's pretty hard to get people to wear masks when our president refuses to wear one and his party and the media organizations that support them have somehow turned mask wearing into a political issue. We have a high number of science denying idiots in this country so a pandemic was always going to be extra challenging but it's unfortunate that this one happened to occur when one of those idiots is in charge. Even people who believe this thing is real will end up not wearing masks if they look around and see that no one else is. There's the peer pressure aspect which is huge and then there's the reality that the mask isn't actually protecting you if no one else is wearing them.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Here's a gem.

A friend at work on night shift tested positive 48 hours ago withing an hour of completing his 3rd shift in a row.

Management is aware because he informed them he was positive.

Staff has still not been notified.

Keep in mind we often work shoulder to shoulder.

So I contacted management - asked about when staff will be receiving official notice in regards to one of us testing positive.

The response was "Who tested positive? We don't know anything about that."