*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
was that explicitly banned by local or state officials?

is it enforceable?
I been social distancing but I been going up to my sister's house in Temecula when I get bored with sitting here at the beach.

(She likes drinking expensive wine.)

I like to roam the range.

I always have.

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
I been social distancing but I been going up to my sister's house in Temecula when I get bored with sitting here at the beach.

(She likes drinking expensive wine.)

I like to roam the range.

I always have.
Renting a house on coast for a month. Surfing will happen regardless of wave quality.

Reactions: johnson7
Nov 2, 2018
Contextbot rebuttal

California's Total population is 39.5 million. So far it has tested 779,000 people, have 56,212 cases and 2,317 deaths

New Mexico's total population is just over 2 million people. So far it has tested 80,720 people, have 4,031 cases and 156 deaths

Santa Clara County's total population is 1.95 million people. So far it has tested 34,166 people, has 2,255 cases and 121 deaths
I don't really see how the total number tested is useful when comparing states of different sizes. Additionally, the Harvard Global Health Institute posited not the number of total tests that should be conducted, but the number per 100,000 people daily. It is important to think of it in terms of daily testing so that we can monitor potential outbreaks when things open back up.

New Mexico = over 200 tests per 100,000 people per day
CA = 52 tests per 100,000 people per day

Keep in mind this may have increased since last reported.

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
I don't really see how the total number tested is useful when comparing states of different sizes. Additionally, the Harvard Global Health Institute posited not the number of total tests that should be conducted, but the number per 100,000 people daily. It is important to think of it in terms of daily testing so that we can monitor potential outbreaks when things open back up.

New Mexico = over 200 tests per 100,000 people per day
CA = 52 tests per 100,000 people per day

Keep in mind this may have increased since last reported.
Testing....the more you test the more cases you will find...
You do know the RNA test is grossly inaccurate, right?
Positive results just tell you they found RNA....which is common in a large % of the population....and can be there for many reasons...not just C-19.
Also....random sample testing can be very powerful.....like 1K randoms....would tell you a good deal about the population....

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
What?
You aren’t allowed to just go for a drive?

The way I understand it, no.

$1,000 tickets were issued to people sitting in their cars watching the sunset at Torrey Pines.

My workplace issued us letters to show to LEOs explaining we were essential workers.

Other counties, including Santa Cruz, have been issuing $1000 fines to people from elsewhere in the state. Like San Jose.