*** Official Can We Talk About the New Mayhem Fins Thread ***

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Just keeping with the proper format these days.

Anyone try them and can tell how they compare to the old template? Was just talking to my buddy about how they have changed and the absurd fact that FCS are different than Futures supposedly.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Glad to see the larges have grown in size a bit. The fin area of the last template and the one is FCS2 is too small imo to be in a large category.

I've like the fins I've had from Future's with that construction but they've been really stiff imo. Almost feel like fiberglass.

I'd be down to try them if any of my boards had future boxes outside of my guns.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
These ones?

I bought them off a recommendation on these forums. Not sure what to give feedback on specifically, I'm probably too sh!t, all I can say is that I fucking love them in my Pyzel Gremlin as a quad (I bought the 5 fin pack), and in my Phantom as a Thruster they perform well also. They seem to have a little more squirt than the FCS 2 AM aircore, which are stiffer than Epstein's cadaver.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I'd be kind of tempted to try the futard version of these if they weren't cabron base.

I dunno what it is but I never seem to click with carbon base fins. I like honeycomb, fiberglass or g10.

Some of the flexy blackstix/generation fins feel good in micro surf but then they feel too noodly when there's any push. Techflex are alright but if I want a stiff fin I'd rather have g10 or fiberglass with a nice twangy tip.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
These things fly and once you adapt to the carbon they load up and release of the lip nicely and carve with a lot of drive. That's how they feel for me or me ...I am big:p

Reactions: Aruka