*** Official Boost Mobile Gold Coast Pro thread ***

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
have the womens' events on the background right now,

I saw keala's heat and, jeez, nothing personal against her but there's a random teenage girl I've seen in santa cruz a couple times who surfs significantly better than that, presumably there are many others around too.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

LiamUnknown

Nep status
Jun 16, 2004
My gf says shannons voice isnt that annoying.

I guess we are just a bunch of sexist pigs.
I don't think its her tone necessarily but her constant and incessant use of all the worst terms in pro surfing commentary. Sounds like she was trained by turpel and then went ten times worst. Her commentary also has nothing to do with the reality of what is happening in the heat. She's just blindlessly muttering wsl corpo speak. "here's xxxx up and riding, trying to get his campaign underway" etc etc.

Also... the fact she moved to australia a month ago and has already managed to incorporate aussie lingo into every sentence. Like the haole kid from san clemente who goes to the north shore for 2 weeks and comes back speaking pigeon.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I don't think its her tone necessarily but her constant and incessant use of all the worst terms in pro surfing commentary. Sounds like she was trained by turpel and then went ten times worst. Her commentary also has nothing to do with the reality of what is happening in the heat. She's just blindlessly muttering wsl corpo speak. "here's xxxx up and riding, trying to get his campaign underway" etc etc.

Also... the fact she moved to australia a month ago and has already managed to incorporate aussie lingo into every sentence. Like the haole kid from san clemente who goes to the north shore for 2 weeks and comes back speaking pigeon.

She's been on the privateer program for a long time. I remember her IG account from maybe as early as 2012 or 2015 moving from just recording big swells to getting in front of the camera. So I think she's kind of self taught and molded herself after what was already there (Turpel and co).

Again, I don't think she adds a ton of great content in the booth, but she does ask uncomfortable follow up questions that Kaipo, Laura, Jose, and Peter refuse to ask.

Mar 2, 2009
Jesus f-ing christ, what does it mean to be a “high vibe low impact product that is essential to any surfer” according to Kassia?

Reactions: Boneroni