Official Bird & Nature Post

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Give one of your guns and I'll shoot that thing for you. Fkkers eat all our fruit. Except the plums. I figure it's the sour skins that turn them off those. But our figs, peaches, apricots and grapes are devoured. And not only thatm but they are fkkin transplants from the East Coast.

:cursing:

Don't tell SF animal control, but every few weeks, put out the live trap to catch 'em and relocate to McLaren Park.

Got a great crop of pears and apples this year, and damned if I lose any more fruit to them....stupid squirrels eat the side in the sun (ripens first) and then chuck it to the ground for the raccoons and opossums. Where are those coyotes? Stop eating pets, eat the squirrels! Same to you predatory hawks, I know you're around!

1660158793826.png

Joshua2415

Tom Curren status
Jul 18, 2005
San Clemente
Was trimming the wild fennel that leans over the back wall from the neighbor's yard and found this caterpillar in some of the cut-offs. I think it could be a Swallowtail butterfly in the making. Reached back over the wall and put it on the now shorter fennel.

View attachment 135656
I believe that's a black swallowtail caterpillar. My ex-neighbor's back yard was full of fennel and I used to see a lot of them.

Reactions: npsp and Mr Doof

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Don't tell SF animal control, but every few weeks, put out the live trap to catch 'em and relocate to McLaren Park.

Got a great crop of pears and apples this year, and damned if I lose any more fruit to them....stupid squirrels eat the side in the sun (ripens first) and then chuck it to the ground for the raccoons and opossums. Where are those coyotes? Stop eating pets, eat the squirrels! Same to you predatory hawks, I know you're around!

View attachment 135657

Reactions: Joshua2415

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Give one of your guns and I'll shoot that thing for you. Fkkers eat all our fruit. Except the plums. I figure it's the sour skins that turn them off those. But our figs, peaches, apricots and grapes are devoured. And not only thatm but they are fkkin transplants from the East Coast.

:cursing:

Hi afoaf!