Official Bird & Nature Post

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Baby cane spider in the kitchen early morn yesterday before the wifey wakes. scooped him up and turned him loose in my shaping shed. these guys can grow big seen them with a leg spread like 5+ inches and they move FAST like creepy little aliens
View attachment 133228
I was playing golf at Poipu coarse and was washing my club head in the washer thing on the ground that has the water and scrub things and out comes a super pissed off cane spider bigger than the head of my driver (don't act like you aren't impressed) and it was so big and aggressive that it actually startled me.
The lady next to me clobbered it with her driver. I was actually bummed she did that.
I hate spiders so why would you let it loose in your shed?
I'd have let it go in my neighbors car.
Opportunity lost?
#ihatespiders

• Haha
Reactions: PPK96754

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
You and me both buddy.

Meet Gaston
A0FB7E6B-3EFF-482B-A313-57664C7753C1.jpeg
The kids dog. We’re doggie sitting. Father is a chihuahua, mother is part English bull dog, ugliest dog I’ve ever seen.

Gaston is barking. Shut up. Won’t stop. Honey, go see what the dog is barking about.

Snek! Bring me the machete! What kind of snek? Whack! The dead kind!
BFDD7372-0C1E-48B0-8682-6B66281B5454.jpeg
6 rattles. Gaston will be dining on a fat ribeye tonight.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
^^ What kind of snek? Whack! The dead kind! :roflmao:

That looks just like the ones I've seen in CR and I've see some big ones.

I hate spiders and poisonous snakes but I like the other snakes.

Here is a Costa Rica rattler that fell out of a tree onto the road and my buddy that lives there jumped out with his machete Crocodile Dundee style and lopped off it's head. Looks just like the one you posted ElOgro ya?

Reactions: Joshua2415

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
^^ yes. The only other rattler I’ve seen out here was a baby, 10” or so. This one wasn’t interested in moving much, probably just had a frog dinner. It took a flying trip for a swim, back in the food chain.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Hiked out to the Albatross sanctuary this afternoon with my son. Only saw one, a Juvenile doing his best REO Speedwagon I CAN'T FIGHT THIS FEELING ANYMORRRRRRE
My old K-9 team use to train on a huge piece of property which is now Suxabuger's property and there was a large fenced off area for the Albatross and their fledglings. Neat Birds & love their "dance" ~ thanks for the photo! :roflmao: cute phakkah!
And Seals, would also pull up on Zuck's beach to sun n' sleep.

Hump

Phil Edwards status
Jan 10, 2002
Vancouver Island
Recently a family of Orcas came in very close to the beach at Whiffen Spit, near Sooke on southern Vancouver Island.
Even with the foreshortening caused from telephoto shots being cropped you can see they were pretty close.
Here's one of the Bulls.
SusieSevignyOrca.jpg

Word quickly spread and a small crowd formed.
SusieSevignyOrca2.jpg

Here's Mom and a new baby.
SusieSevignyOrcaBabyK44.jpg

These are from the pod called T060 and the new baby is K44.

Not often that shore-walkers get this close of a view.

Take care.