Official Bird & Nature Post

Bud

Nep status
Apr 20, 2001
Oahu
www.808surfer.com
Out for my morning walk and checked in at the Tyee Clubhouse when this little rascal hopped out of the bushes.
Didn't seem particularly concerned with me nor a Crow that sat on a rock maybe four feet away from it.
Small little thing with long legs.
My camera is crap and I'm a "point and shoot" photographer at best, so apologies for poor quality.

Keenfish, what type of Owl is this guy?

View attachment 118823

View attachment 118824

Take care.
I believe that's the 'anyone seen my pants?' owl

Hump

Phil Edwards status
Jan 10, 2002
Vancouver Island
A few from my friend Karen Wasilenchuk taken around here.
Here's one of the local bears that hangs around the Quinsam river this time of year, getting fat on salmon.

KarenBearQuinsam.jpg

Nature can be cruel and now and then baby birds somehow get out of their nest too early.
She put this one back but unsure if it survived.

KarenBabyBirdGround.jpg
Tons of Eagles around here so she has many pics of them.
KarenEagleInTree.jpg

Here's a Northern Flicker that drove Karen crazy as it wouldn't get out in the Sunlight for a good shot.
KarenFlicker.jpg

Here she is herself.

KarenPolkaDots.jpg

Take care.

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
Isn't that just a perfect looking little Porcini mushroom? Tasted good too! Our earlier 'atmospheric river' followed by warm weather is turning out to bring on a fantastic mushroom season--lots of boletes, just found my first chanterelle, hopefully more of those plus hedgehogs coming. Oh boy!
6ztU5jkHQ8qVQsXFY6iA4Q.jpg

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com

Hump

Phil Edwards status
Jan 10, 2002
Vancouver Island
Are those Pipefish in frame 4? I used to get those things off the docks when I was a kid. They are just like sea horses only different. :)
Not positive but I'd bet they are.

Didn't say on the photos when I filched them.

Been regular groups of scuba divers here where I live recently as the water does get very clear during winter.

This area is considered to be some of the finest scuba places to dive at, as there is an abundance of sea-life available to view.

I don't scuba myself but years ago my buddies and I used to snorkel for Dungeness crabs at Menzies Bay and over off Quadra Island in a couple of spots. Great fun and some serious laughing at attempts to communicate through a snorkel too.

Take care.