Official Bird & Nature Post

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Seeing all kinds of stuff since I got the puppy and have been home quarantining. Walking 7-10 miles a day through the hills at all hours.

-Been seeing bobcats more than ever lately. So one on the golf course a few days ago and then found a dead one (hit by car) on the side of the road. He was a big one, probably pushing 40lbs

-The neighborhood peacocks just had babies and have been honking all over the place.

-There’s an owl that lives in the tree across the street. I hear it every night. Sounds like it may be raising young as well but I haven’t seen them.

-Coyote encounters are routine. There’s a den in the empty lot across the street and others on every hill. When a fire truck or ambulance passes you can hear each pack of coyotes howling as it passes.

sometimes it’s hard to believe downtown LA is less than 5 miles away.

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
Beautiful California State Fish, the Golden Trout...caught deep in the Sierras, in the Kern River drainage...ball buster hike to get to 'em...Kearsarge Pass, then up the Muir Trail and over Forester Pass (serious ball buster, 13,200' pass)...Lake South America..second shot of eldest grandson with 'fish on'...
IMGP2106.JPG

IMGP2138.JPG