*** Official Billabong Pipe Masters thread ***

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
OK ladies ... if you had to put money (not your heart) on it... what would it be?

Mine;

Predictions.jpg

Reactions: teeroi

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Seth vs John. With Seth winning. John going to the Olympics and Michel winning the Triple Crown. I hope it’s big all lefts.

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
They'll put it on standby till noon. If it's surfable they'll call it on because it's going to be very good by 3 and fading tomorrow. BTW, my contest predictions are almost always wrong.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
They should wait as much as they can to just run the Rd of 16 today. Then start very early tomorrow with the QFs and finish it before the swell dies down too much.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
They don't wanna split the finals day in 2. They're off for the day. It should be on as soon as it gets tomorrow.

Can Oahu have heats before 8am?

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
The community members on the North Shore are very proactive. There’s an ordinance ofor the NS that surf events are run 8am to 4pm. Plus the 4 man minimum in heats, they must have made a amendment for the first and last heat of the rounds and the finals.

A few years ago there was a body boarding event at Bowls. It was firing and all the free surfers paddled out at 4. There was a dust up with the water patrol, when they ran til past 5. Kainoa MaGee who was doing water patrol all day had just left or nothing would have happened. I asked Jeannie about the 8-4 rule and she said if the town surfers would show up to the neighborhood board meeting and parks usage meetings they could have the same restrictions as the NS.

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
Contest will most likely be off until Thursday. Unfortunately we will not see perfect Pipe for the last few remaining days of the waiting period as a solid trade swell will kick back in today and lasting through the week creating conditions similar to last Friday. The new NW swell will most likely be a jumbled mess possibly cleaning up some Thursday when winds are forecasted to ease just a tad and a new stronger NW swell fills in. The reef at Pipe is completely buried with sand from all these strong NE trade winds/swell. Ehukai sandbar has been like Kirra the last few days with dredging right hand grinders running along the sand bank all the way to the Volcom house. Overheard Slater talking to Mags out there yesterday about just how bad the sand situation is for the approaching swell and final day of competition. To be continued...

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
The community members on the North Shore are very proactive. There’s an ordinance ofor the NS that surf events are run 8am to 4pm. Plus the 4 man minimum in heats, they must have made a amendment for the first and last heat of the rounds and the finals.
They changed the rule so the contest ends at 4:30 but they can extend that by half an hour to finish the last heat. So it's really 8am to 5pm but no more the 8 hours in one day.

Reactions: teeroi

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I hope they run round of 16 today. . Otherwise finalist will have to surf 4 heats in one day. They’ll have til noon to decide if they want to run. Rd of 16 needs 4 hours.

The Thursday forecast should have better sand conditions.

What’s that saying? How do you make god laugh? Make plans. I guess samewith swell forecasting. Wanted to take day off and go watch glad I didn’t.

Reactions: ~rwright~

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^^^
Thankx teeroi for thee loc' update!

i'm gonna now walk away from thee computer for awhile, getz me some real Mexican food, prep+cooked by reaaal Mexicanz,
some hot, soft shell tacos from Fiesta Feast, packed full of nutricious ingrediantz any ol' white boy can dig,
eatin' 'em at a beach in thee rich~pep L.A. town of Pacific Palisades,
before i check back into thee WSL, b4 i pass out, as i often do,
after my daily 'food coma*' intake, yow~za!
rw

~ 'food coma'?:
it'z what happens when ya grub toooo hard,
like on Thanks~Givin's Day, + ya then needz a looong nap soon afterwardz, hahaha!
:)