*** Official 2023 Community Surf Journal ***

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Last Saturday on the log was pretty fun. Took the Andreini Vaq out today at Indo Mar in head-overhead, offshore conditions. Short-ish period and high tide allowed some rights in the north corner to line up pretty nicely. Nobody sitting out there so I did. Got a bomb right away. Once in the pocket, this board trims like a bat out of hell, but I can't really get it to turn. I'll give her another couple surfs, but will probably let her go. I don't like having to nurse bottom turns. Perhaps it requires more finesse than I have.

Last edited:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Last Saturday on the log was pretty fun. Took the Andreini Vaq out today at Indo Mar in head-overhead, offshore conditions. Short-ish period and high tide allowed some rights in the north corner to line up pretty nicely. Nobody sitting out there so I did. Got a bomb right away. Once in the pocket, this board trims like a bat out of hell, but I can't really get it to turn. I'll give her another couple surfs, but will probably let her go. I don't like having to nurse bottom turns.

I was shocked at the OB log heaven Saturday morning. And the insane crowd. But at 1-2 feet, it's not that big of a deal. I had to go to Cardboard Car Drive In Movie Day at Ortega Library. :jamon:

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Last Saturday on the log was pretty fun. Took the Andreini Vaq out today at Indo Mar in head-overhead, offshore conditions. Short-ish period and high tide allowed some rights in the north corner to line up pretty nicely. Nobody sitting out there so I did. Got a bomb right away. Once in the pocket, this board trims like a bat out of hell, but I can't really get it to turn. I'll give her another couple surfs, but will probably let her go. I don't like having to nurse bottom turns. Perhaps it requires more finesse than I have.
Mine is 2+1 but generally speaking I like mine under head high to enjoy turning and even then when coming off different craft it usually takes a couple waves to get into the groove. When you are dialed on it is a true joy. You may need to be a little more selective and give it a little more time, doubt you'll regret it. When the bars turn ever on at pump house that's a good set up for it usually. Good luck!

Reactions: bluengreen

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Locally it was 18mph onshore yesterday so I headed north to Goleta for some wind protection. Smaller up there but I found a very clean point break with a light crowd. The gutless sections weren’t a problem for the Revo with reactor quads.

The coastline up there is particularly beautiful now after all the rainfall, with the blue water, tall white and ocher sea cliffs, eucalyptus on green hills, and blue mountains in the distance surrounded by billowing white clouds.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Weak WH-CH peaks at low tide NCSD. Pretty much had to be late-dropping to catch em, but got 3-4 decent ones on plasmasym (with shapers x Album AR fins) that stood up and allowed a few turns down the line. Most just fizzled out after the drop. Pretty lackluster and then waves were completely backing off and not breaking the last 30min as the tide bottomed out. Mostly just sat and bullsh*ted with a couple buddies. Good time catching up.