***Official 2022 Community Surf Journal***

billypilgrim

Nep status
Apr 19, 2017
1667387039398.png

Chitty cell phone shot at range of the boss threading a nice one on the lunch break.

Scored three sessions yesterday. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. All day offshores and different setups through the tide cycle. 3.6ft @ 12 seconds on the nearby buoy. Low tide in the morning was a little funky, but I couldn't say no. The larger sets would break the outer bar and reform. If the reform lined up with the outflowing rip current pulse, you could get a sick bowl section with a tapered shoulder that allowed for 3 to 4 nice turns. I was out in the dark and there were some big ass fish feeding in the surf. The broad wake made it look like redfish running south.

Everything came together for the lunchtime incoming tide push. My time was limited but I was able to get a couple of good left barrels and some walled up rights going on my backside.

My first two sessions I rode the CI twin pin with the new Rastas. Last session I hopped on the 7'0" C-Bucket and hunted some tubes off another rip bowl. Scored a few and got worked on a couple. Surfed until I couldn't see and went home with a smile.

What a day!

:waving:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Quick window on the 6'1" before the wind turned. Started off fun then go more walled. Medium JJF's and 80/20 3.75 rears worked pretty good. Gonna be a good setup for racers and then go truster when it's more organized. That is if I can get the quad rears out. Had to tap them in with a Malott. Should have sanded them.

Why are future fin bases so inconsistent?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
small n glassy at the reef this morning. very cold. frost on my windshield n all that. the waves were fun though. kind of short interval and not really connecting through the inside section but still some good outside bowls to be had. i rode the JT Coffin and it felt like a good call for making the most of the smaller conditions. i ran an am techflex quad set after feeling a little under finned on this board last time. these felt like a little too much fin, i think. not terrible, just a tad stiff off the bottom. will try piggyback quads next.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Just back from two weeks on Bali with the missus. So so good to be among happy, cheeky, courteous, fun Indonesians again. And to smoke kretek ciggies, drink strong coffee and eat banana honey pancakes.

No groundbreaking stuff surfwise, but a few solid OH days, and I did surf twice a day so no complaints. 6'10 DS and 6'3 Pyzalien2.

Acceptable view from where we stayed:

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
super fun this morning but damn was it cold. water was 57 and i didn't bring any booties. luckily had a leaky 4/3 and a hood and felt OK. got 20+ waves in 2 hrs. best one was a chest high nugget left that allowed for a bs roundy to high foam rebound. one of the better ones i've done in a while. wtfo ftw! boar can do no wrong.