***Official 2022 Community Surf Journal***

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Naw, I’m all stocked up from my neighborhood farmers market last night! Come on bro, straight for the source!

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I haven't been there in a minute but I can confirm that it's always been good. One summer many years ago we had to park in front of the coffee shack to surf OB and came back to a note on my van. One of the babes from that place left her number for my buddy, the rest of us were so jealous. For their first date they went to noodle house, she invited him back and got him so high that he could not do the deed, so he just slept in his truck 5 minutes from home.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I haven't been there in a minute but I can confirm that it's always been good. One summer many years ago we had to park in front of the coffee shack to surf OB and came back to a note on my van. One of the babes from that place left her number for my buddy, the rest of us were so jealous. For their first date they went to noodle house, she invited him back and got him so high that he could not do the deed, so he just slept in his truck 5 minutes from home.
damn that's epic

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
did she also live on Voltaire? Posisbly Abbott?

askinf for a friend.

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
Solid 3-5’ SW section-y lines with a few random 6’+ teepee.mostly runners with a few hits. Waves were a bit challenging to figure out, sort of rollie pollie to heave. Fun to surf in trunks and warm watwe. Bigger surf on the way, May have to look around to somewhere that can handle it better. Santa Teresa CR6E1FF76E-675A-4435-BEA0-CBC3E6D64438.jpeg4F88F0CE-8948-45BE-92C2-CA13653B0E8E.jpeg

Last edited:

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Checked the waves at dawn, lol, flatty patty.
Came back late morning after tide filled in. Thigh high rollers and glassy. Caught a bunch of waves, making up for the three previous misery sessions. Three goofs on SUP and one other rando out, had the "prime" peak to myself.

First wave, rear foot slips off, swim to beach. Few waves later, front foot gives out, at least I maintained composure and didn't fall. This is my reward for scraping off all the wax a week ago.

The guy living on the rocks is gone, yay!!!

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Solid 3-5’ SW section-y lines with a few random 6’+ teepee.mostly runners with a few hits. Waves were a bit challenging to figure out, sort of rollie pollie to heave. Fun to surf in trunks and warm watwe. Bigger surf on the way, May have to look around to somewhere that can handle it better. Santa Teresa CRView attachment 134906View attachment 134908
**** in your ocffee, wheres the pics of the street smoothies?

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Went out to the Ulu. Didn't think it was going to be big so I brought the 5'8 Will's Fish. Wasn't much at first, then the swell doubled in twenty minutes and some double overhead proper Ulu bombs started breaking. I was proud of catching a few big ones on the little fish. Would have caught 3x more waves on a bigger board, but I had a blast anyways.

I was in a sick spot to get barreled at one point but I panicked and ditched. Again... I think I've had about three or four chances in the last ten days to get barreled and every single time I've mucked it. I find it very difficult to do the right thing in the moment. Although I will say, I think it's harder to try and learn to get barreled on my backside. I've gotten covered up twice (never made it out) and both times it was on my frontside.

Slated to get 10 feet of swell on Thursday, which will bring legit triple overhead at Ulu. Not sure if I'll work up the balls to surf it or not.

loose turn.JPG

0U4A2617.JPG

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
I wish I could compare favorably with the non Southern California pics.
Same crap spot, bit bigger, but not as good. Swell changed direction, and it's back to close out ville.

Went further, down past Cracks, had the place to myself. Caught a few wedgy rights. Then two guys completey 000 me. LOL, turn out I've been surging with these guys at the good spots for decades. All good, we chatted, exchanged names, yada yada yada.

First day of milfy talent on the shore this season, whoo yah dawg.

Funny chit. I forgot to mention, the day before's session. Waves were so small that duck diving was not needed, just power through.

This was the highlight of the session. Obtaining the fake handicap spot. Next to the parking stall...
1659360708935.png