***Official 2022 Community Surf Journal***

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Yesterday, I planned to take a day off to let the body recover. Woke up, felt good, threw the board in the truck for the just in case, of course once you place it in the truck the just in case increases significantly. Late afternoon surf, just me and my buddy, and nice reef break to ourselves with solid sets. It was good session, though I was feeling my intercostals. Good thing it was just us to temper my efforts into a slower mode. Board is still in the truck today, but the waves don't look great.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Hats off to the hellians that had a solid go over the last couple of weeks at The Beach.

I was on the symptomatic quarantine, didn't want much to do with it, and finally surfed a soft bar just before the wind clocked around and ruffled it on Monday. Rode the Rehab 7'10" Mini Glider just to make it easy on myself. Got a few silly, soft lefts out front, got the 3 year old on some in the shorey. Twas fun

Last edited:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Super rare Double Sesh today, bros!
Well, 2 Oeste sessions (30 + 45) = 1 normal surf
Work was fairly calm today, I had a meeting cancel, and my aunt got her days mixed up and picked up the kids from nursery school today instead of Thurs… so I took advantage.
Sideshore/chunky waist to CH wedges at my main two reefs. Forgot how fun the Akila Contemporary Fish is!

Last edited:

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Almost didn't bother but this afternoon was my only window for a couple days. Fortunately one of my reefs managed to not be totally blown out and had occasional head high waves (very occasional). I rode the twin stap again because we're in the honeymoon period. Mellow but fun, hard to compare to last week.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
tons of crappy to semi mediocre waves on the dank farts balance. Surfed alone until every single person that paddled out drifted into my zone. Definitely a let down after the waves I've been getting but that's how it goes. Put the original fin combo that I ran in the sub (SA fronts, 4 inch flats rear) and it went well. May explore a little less fin with this board.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Been a while without the internets. Surfing pretty much every day. Kind of wore myself out, if im honest. Was on a twin kick for the first half of the trip, mostly riding my 5-9 plasmic and the 7-2 AG big twin when it got bigger or the strong offshore winds came up. For the last week or so its been solidly overhead and ripable and ive been back on the thrusters. Mostly the 6-3 i72 darkarts but even had a couple good sessions on the 6-6 77+ round pin. Didnt expect to have a good session on the 6-6 but felt like I had to try just so I didnt end up driving all the way down here and back without surfing it. It felt pretty much amazing in the overhead, bowly waves.

In the city stocking up on food, water and propane and then back to the desert. My end of the month return deadline just got pushed out so I might stay until the spring winds drive me outta here.

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
Quick no-look sunset surf at the beach out front. glassy but the smallest it's been in a while. somewhat annoyingly, there were a few tantalizing inconsistent sets from new swell setting everyone's expectations too high. too many people out for mushy wave high waves but it totally made sense.

took out the craigslist-on-a-whim super wide tailed but thin groveler board from vernor. The board has real moments but is just less predictable than you'd expect it to be. that my first time trying it as a thruster and it didn't go at all. Didn't gain anything in terms of tighter turning radius, just had less drive. Quad it is. Still caught a few, can't complain.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Got the longboard back in time for some small days at the point and reef by my house (quick repair turn around on double buckle @Cardiff Surf Co - formerly Iron Cross) Hopefully starting next week I won't need to ride it for a while with some more swell on the way.
Were you happy with the repair? Ropers is so expensive now.