***Official 2022 Community Surf Journal***

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
ur surfing will never be the same again after kids. what he accomplished is the new standard once u have young kids

I feel this in my soul. I guess the nice thing about those who have kids early is you can reclaim a bit of your 40's when your body still bounces back. I'm 38 with a 3 year old and a newborn. I'm last in priority until my 60's. Hopefully they catch the surf bug so I don't spend every weekend morning away from the beach.

Add a couple surgeries to bounce back from and I'm already feeling like a kook.

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
"Hopefully they catch the surf bug so I don't spend every weekend morning away from the beach."
Heavily discourage soccer, tee ball , and any other organized sport
Jumbled mess of mixed swell in the 3-5' range with some unfavorable wind, managed a couple steep drop to bottom turn to kick out. Not the intended waves for the the new 6-2 twinzer but performed very well given the conditions

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I had roasted squash sprinkled with parmesan last night. yummy

I took a beating this morning. COuple of fun ones in the funk but I feel like I got my ass kicked.

I have exactly 4 varieties of squash on my counter at the moment.
Oddly, I didn't purchase one of them.

Acorn- Mother in Law and grandmother I-L bought it 2 months ago. It's still there.
Spaghetti- MIL bought it a month ago. I haven't had it in 30 years and HATED it as a kid. Like plug your nose to get it down hate it.
Zucchini- My landlord/downstairs neighbor gets these from the food bank and gives them to us a few at a time every week. I find ways to use them. Put the last one in some pasta. Probably toss it with some chard he gave us this week.
Butternut- Also from the landlord/neighbor. I'll cube it up for some hash with the Acorn or make some soup.

total threadjack

Last edited:

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I have exactly 4 varieties of squash on my counter at the moment.
Oddly, I didn't purchase one of them.

Acorn- Mother in Law and grandmother I-L bought it 2 months ago. It's still there.
Spaghetti- MIL bought it a month ago. I haven't had it in 30 years and HATED it as a kid. Like plug your nose to get it down hate it.
Zucchini- My landlord/downstairs neighbor gets these from the food bank and gives them to us a few at a time every week. I find ways to use them. Put the last one in some pasta. Probably toss it with some chard he gave us this week.
Butternut- Also from the landlord/neighbor. I'll cube it up for some hash with the Acorn or make some soup.

total threadjack

• Love
Reactions: MathDebater

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Short period HH beach break at draining tide… but make it onshore closeouts. LOL
Such a workout. Had to dugdive 20 waves just to get out. Man, I suck at that… so spoiled from reefs.
Guys were out on ghosts and slayers n chit so I thought I would be undergunned on 5’9 Mitsven quad fish but it stuck the drops and raced the walls like a champ. Boar is becoming a Swiss Army knife for me- can really do whatever I ask it to. Tried to be selective, dodged closeout sets, and managed 5 frothy SH-HH rights in 30min. Last one was my longest ride so called it a day as wind was picking up

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Short period HH beach break at draining tide… but make it onshore closeouts. LOL
Such a workout. Had to dugdive 20 waves just to get out. Man, I suck at that… so spoiled from reefs.
Guys were out on ghosts and slayers n chit so I thought I would be undergunned on 5’9 Mitsven quad fish but it stuck the drops and raced the walls like a champ. Boar is becoming a Swiss Army knife for me- can really do whatever I ask it to. Tried to be selective, dodged closeout sets, and managed 5 frothy SH-HH rights in 30min. Last one was my longest ride so called it a day as wind was picking up
21 inch wide board in bb windswell? Rookie!