***Official 2021 Community Surf Journal***

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I love that a large majority of surfers don't surf after a rain. :nana:
Scored some really fun waves this am with only 4 of us out. Me, 2 close friends, and 1 kid I've never seen before.
Big, mushy, peaks, 5 to 6 footers rolling through with crisp offshores. Twas nice.

I actually heard that surfing after a rain can boost your immune system and possibly protect you from the new Omicron variant too. I mean... we don't fully know if it will because this is all very new stuff and science is constantly changing, but there is a strong likelihood that surfing after a rain, near a harbor or jetty, can significantly improve your chances of fighting the Omicron variant and possibly new variants that may come along.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I actually heard that surfing after a rain can boost your immune system and possibly protect you from the new Omicron variant too.
Cool, I stopped reading surfing medical journals myself but it's good to know that others are keeping up on the cutting-edge research.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Inquiring minds would like to know what are the symptoms of this Tomo variant?
I've heard the major one is shortness of board. This is accompanied by difficulty standing, balance issues and shortness of breath especially for those with obesity.
Also development of quads inside your concave.
Apparently your fins may grow paddles on their tips which can result in unpredictable changes of direction.
Meanwhile took my 5'5" shovel nosed Simmons out as the run of micro waves continued. Lowered expectations meant I had a blast zipping across knee high and below peelers.

Last edited:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I've heard the major one is shortness of board. This is accompanied by difficulty standing, balance issues and shortness of breath especially for those with obesity.
Apparently your fins may grow paddles on their tips which can result in unpredictable changes of direction.
Meanwhile took my 5'5" shovel nosed Simmons out as the run of micro waves continued. Lowered expectations meant I had a blast zipping across knee high and below peelers.
Hereditary head dunking of ex-female pros in fits of geriatric anger is a late symptom.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
This is freaking hilarious! I was laughing out loud at work.

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
wow just frothing today,,, river mouth right,,, and I suck surfing backside. Made all my waves, but two. Pretty much perfect sandbar now. It's been years since we surfed it like this. Waves were peeling really nice along the sandbar. but yeah on the small side, like around chest to shoulder highish at most. We also saw a total of 2 small gators and the 1 croc:waving:. good thing the locals eat them, but still.....I wear glasses so I don't usually see these things. frggn boat guy pointed them out.

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Lucked into a couple good lefts at the localized left pointbreak. Crowd was light and mellow. Low tide current was brutal. Treadmill to stay in that tight takeoff spot. Local move: take a wave into the beach, walk over the rocks and up the point, climb a boulder and jump off into the sliver of rip pulling right back to the takeoff zone. Repeat.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I've been running TA's lately and they feel great but at times I feel like I still need more fin. the EN's are great but at times feel like too much fin. The nautilus feel good but I think are too small for my liking.

I think i'd like an EN that is sized down about 10 percent.