********Official 2020 Facemask Thread*****************

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
This Thursday facemasks become mandatory, not sure if it's all CA, or just a San Diego county thing.

1 What facemask are you currently rocking?

2 Do you like it? Where did you get it?

I have not been able to buy any facemasks. Everytime i go to a hardware store, or drug store and ask they just laugh at me. Actually one cool guy at Riteaid told me in a whisper, "Be here Thursday morning at 7am, there will be a line out the door" WTF...

For now I just rawdog it and when i need to go into a store i use my surfboard respirator:

I'm thinking about rocking a bandana. Where do you buy a bandana? like a gas station or something?

the new fashion accessory.....

Will this thing work for biking? or will your sunglasses just fog up??

These are strange times indeed boys.... Mandatory Facemasks, what, will they start issuing tickets?

Reactions: Kento

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Almost exactly the same respirator I have for work. Air tight and just recently fit tested.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I don't know how much good a stretched out T-shirt sleeve is going to provide you. I think the C19 is something like 0.125 microns. Trying to keep that out or in with a T-shirt... you might as well use chicken wire unless you put a maxipad over your nose and mouth underneath.

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
I don't know how much good a stretched out T-shirt sleeve is going to provide you. I think the C19 is something like 0.125 microns. Trying to keep that out or in with a T-shirt... you might as well use chicken wire unless you put a maxipad over your nose and mouth underneath.
Remember the pic of the Thai woman on the moped with the maxipad across her face? Gold!

Reactions: GWS_2

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
Just checking the news, maybe it's not so bad:

The order, expected to be released this week, says residents will be required to wear a face covering in public settings, such as:
  • Waiting in line to go inside a store;
  • Shopping in a store;
  • Picking up food at a restaurant;
  • Waiting for or riding on public transportation;
  • Riding in a taxi or rideshare vehicle;
  • Seeking healthcare;
  • Going into facilities allowed to stay open; and
  • Working an essential job that interacts with the public

Instances facial coverings will not be required include:

• When residents are at home;
  • When residents are in the car alone or with members of the same household;
  • For children under the age of 2 years old due to the risk of suffocation;
  • During individual physical activity such as swimming, walking, hiking, bicycling or running. However, people must comply with social distancing during these activities, including maintaining at least 6 feet of distance from other people. Therefore, people must have a face covering readily accessible to put on in populated areas to avoid droplet spread in a six feet radius when participating in any type of active recreation except with members of the same household; and
  • For residents with a health condition whose medical doctor has advised against wearing a face covering and can provide documentation

Great time to be a robber.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I got a 3 pack of re-usable masks at ACE hardware a couple of weekends ago along with some hand sanitizer. It works pretty good and it's re-usable. The medical masks are supposedly the best but they're typically one time use and a buck a piece give or take

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Just checking the news, maybe it's not so bad:

The order, expected to be released this week, says residents will be required to wear a face covering in public settings, such as:
  • Waiting in line to go inside a store;
  • Shopping in a store;
  • Picking up food at a restaurant;
  • Waiting for or riding on public transportation;
  • Riding in a taxi or rideshare vehicle;
  • Seeking healthcare;
  • Going into facilities allowed to stay open; and
  • Working an essential job that interacts with the public

Instances facial coverings will not be required include:

• When residents are at home;
  • When residents are in the car alone or with members of the same household;
  • For children under the age of 2 years old due to the risk of suffocation;
  • During individual physical activity such as swimming, walking, hiking, bicycling or running. However, people must comply with social distancing during these activities, including maintaining at least 6 feet of distance from other people. Therefore, people must have a face covering readily accessible to put on in populated areas to avoid droplet spread in a six feet radius when participating in any type of active recreation except with members of the same household; and
  • For residents with a health condition whose medical doctor has advised against wearing a face covering and can provide documentation

Great time to be a robber.
Asshat cyclists in packs need to wear them. Too little too late on the facemasks. We’re like a couple months behind Taiwan and korea

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Surfboard respirator for maximum safety!(only usually when spraying on the job or glassing, but available for the most compromising situations.)
N95 (oops, not supposed to say that) mask while painting on the job.( work well, hang on dash board when not using, sun cleans it)
Homemade masks from mom, gma and mom in law.(cool looking, but outside my shades get fogged up and probably not the best seal, but covered)

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I want to get a facemask with a gaping pussy and pastrami curtains. Just fucking mangled.