*** Official 2020 Community Surf Journal ***

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
Maybe get a GH, he makes a Twinzer fish that looks like this w/more foiled out rails, goes unreal.:jamon:
OTF ( R.I.P. ) had a green GH Twinzer fish, it was his favorite!
Rice had one too i think.
Go glass ons.
I had a twin GH fish and a quad GH fish. Loved the twin, the quad not so much.

I have an Album UTF twin now that's kinda similar to GH's style, though maybe not as magic. Or maybe I just suck more, now.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You skipped yesterday? Yikes.
Yeah, had a work commitment yesterday morning. Wanted to punch myself in the taint when I watched the stretch between the house and old creek road on my way north. Got out today and Sunday, so did alright :beer:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Sometimes you’re the hammer... sometimes you’re the nail. Total crap midday sesh at local point with the dropping tide. Missed my window this morning before the wind came up. Never a good sign when there’s windsurfers and kiters buzzing around the lineup. Thought we were getting Santa Ana winds this week but wtf?, it sure looked W/NW today. At least I was able to trunk it and got some exercise paddling around

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Sometimes you’re the hammer... sometimes you’re the nail. Total crap midday sesh at local point with the dropping tide. Missed my window this morning before the wind came up. Never a good sign when there’s windsurfers and kiters buzzing around the lineup. Thought we were getting Santa Ana winds this week but wtf?, it sure looked W/NW today. At least I was able to trunk it and got some exercise paddling around
I think the santanas will be here tomorrow but with less swell maybe? Looks like a tiny uptick in the short period west so could be moments of fun of here maybe. going to have to be a gametime decision.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
was in n county early this afternoon and it was sheet glass. surf looked quite a bit smaller than it was down south though

• Wow
Reactions: gbg and oeste858

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
post work quickie. it was rainy and foggy all day but the sky opened up for the last couple hours of daylight. the winds had died but there was plenty of residual funk left in the ocean. swell smaller than expected which was good because it allowed me to forgo my local which has terrible sand right now and go surf a more exposed spot. speaking of exposed, the wave outside the tit rock was looking pretty tempting (meeoooww) and I didn't hesitate since there was only so much daylight left.

waves looked a little big for anything fishy so I rode the driver. the waves were fun! challenging and wonky but fun. steep double ups that would sometimes run, sometimes back off. got pitched on drops, bucked by backwash and crushed by closeout barrels. but also connected a few and got some slashes, cutties and end section hits. ended up near the rock a few times which was exciting but the swell wasn't so powerful that it made me worry as I have before.

the sunset was a spectacle. a bright orange orb sinking into the stained glass sea. a leopard print of white clouds fanning out across the blue sky with wisps of fog clinging to the green mountains and the dark grey sea stacks. the volume of color reached a peak as the sun sank into the distant horizon and then it quickly diminished and the light began to recede. i surfed my last wave by braille, somehow managing a cheeky top turn before bellying it in. it was nearly dark by the time I crested the cliff and arrived at my truck.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
fun little runners. strange wind came out of no-where and funked things up then it died again. Surfed until the tide sort of shut it down.

the talk of the keels lately made me wax up my ol trusty gh. Hadn't ridden it in probably 3 years. Holy shart what an amazing bore. I'm getting another one, seriously.