*** Official 2020 Community Surf Journal ***

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Clean but unfocused. It looked small but ended up being about head high. Tried to ride the new groveler and was hating it. Trying not to write it off but after a few sessions I have yet to be impressed. Luckily I had my thruster on the beach and after switching boards I had a pretty good session. Dropping tide had things standing up a bit better and I had the peak to myself.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Out of town for work (No boar though :() and took the afternoon to sight see and let's just say there was azone between mendocino County and Big Sur (hopefully that's big enough ;)) that hadreally fun looking waves at multiple spots. Beautiful country I tell ya. I hate being out of the water.

Reactions: teeroi and jkb

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Enzzid 's east coast is going to get a battering @Maz, did you see that other monster of a thing forming?

Reactions: jkb

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Lel - long way off yet, but that would be pure comedy around the beachies here if it comes to fruition.

(the beachies don't handle anything over 6 around here)

96c56944-19dd-4b65-8a02-e222793c8639.JPG

Reactions: need 4 speed

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Last few days have been pretty fun. Day before yesterday had a solo sesh at a creepy offshore kelp bed reef. Clean, just overhead lefts that were fairly focused but the wait between sets was long and I eventually got cold. Today was warmer and my buddy and I surfed a more exposed sand bar. Another left and this time quite a bit overhead. I rode the 6-10 blackbird which felt a little overkill until the tide started draining, the current kicked up and some bigger sets started rolling in. Managed to snag a few good, big ones before it all went to sh!t and started closing out. Stoked to get a couple sessions in actual waves, this past month or so has been bruuuutal.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Looks like San Diego’s solid run of swell all January has finally ended. Wishing I had my Mast midlength for today’s 1-3’ surf, but had 5’7” TKF in car. Got a handful of micro waves with just me & a buddy out at an inside reef for an hour before sunset. Beautiful conditions, just no swell.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Last few days have been pretty fun. Day before yesterday had a solo sesh at a creepy offshore kelp bed reef. Clean, just overhead lefts that were fairly focused but the wait between sets was long and I eventually got cold. Today was warmer and my buddy and I surfed a more exposed sand bar. Another left and this time quite a bit overhead. I rode the 6-10 blackbird which felt a little overkill until the tide started draining, the current kicked up and some bigger sets started rolling in. Managed to snag a few good, big ones before it all went to sh!t and started closing out. Stoked to get a couple sessions in actual waves, this past month or so has been bruuuutal.
Always feels good to get on a bigger board, even if you're just a tad over-gunned. Leaning into all that rail and volume is the sweetest feeling.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
that's funny, Cliffs was pretty empty yesterday. it was small, but I was surprised that there weren't more guys out on a beautiful Fri afternoon. I just assumed everyone got their fill after all the surf we've had.
Only 1-2' today and the wind just came up. Can't be bothered to take the log out to PB Point. Maybe a bike ride with the kiddos. Forecast looks small for the next few days too. Maybe there's some boards to hoard on CL! LOL.
Convincing myself I need a Phantom and/or Ghost... WTF is wrong with me?!? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
crowded as fk southside hb bc of the contest. got a couple but lots of groms and their ahole hassling dads in the lineup. nobody works or even goes to school these days. best wave was a left that let me in from the outside back side cutback to the foam and then race the inside wall. i checkenex out on backside reo on the shorepound lol. thats when u know u r old

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
that's funny, Cliffs was pretty empty yesterday. it was small, but I was surprised that there weren't more guys out on a beautiful Fri afternoon. I just assumed everyone got their fill after all the surf we've had.
Only 1-2' today and the wind just came up. Can't be bothered to take the log out to PB Point. Maybe a bike ride with the kiddos. Forecast looks small for the next few days too. Maybe there's some boards to hoard on CL! LOL.
Convincing myself I need a Phantom and/or Ghost... WTF is wrong with me?!?
:ROFLMAO:
nothing. nothing is wrong with you...all of us on here have the same board hoarding disease :cool:

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Today i surfed like dogshit. Even somehow lost control/ fin popped going in a straight line.

No reason for it, i stretched in the house to remedy the dodgy back, waves were decent, and i just sucked ass.

Ah well, back at it again later