*** Official 2020 Billabong Pipe Masters Thread ***

Feb 5, 2019
I think Jadson is the most consistently underscored surfer on tour. It's heartbreaking to watch. He's so fired up and seems like he gets better every year.
Agreed mate. Those were some difficult barrels. Totally underscored

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
No one.

It was based on the assumption that when Ross was coaching JJF, he quit commentating for the WSL. Now that Ross is commentating for the WSL, I question whether he's still coaching JJF.
he doesn't comment during his heats and typically does more of it during the HI events from what I recall.

Reactions: jkb

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
he doesn't comment during his heats and typically does more of it during the HI events from what I recall.
It's possible he's still coaching JJF, just haven't heard anything about it recently.

Ross mentioned he was coaching Tatiana, but no mention of JJF.

It's also possible Ross is still coaching JJF and was asked to commentate the Hawaii events because he's local.

Reactions: grg

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020
Hey Stringcheese, sure, just talk about how Slater is an awesome surfer, no reason to have teh PSA. To repeat it for you, I think it is lame to have the chance to help others and not do it.

Lohena

OTF status
Oct 30, 2019
Another good missed PSA in the WSL is Apartheid for the South African surfers. It's NEVER brought up. What was their families role in it and what did they do, if anything, to stop it? I've always been curious about this and yet it's never brought up in any media that I'm been aware of. Kind of an elephant in the room.

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
kg just made mention that 4 World Champs are left to compete in a few minutes in the mens comp,
gonna be some sick~pittz threaded, can't wait!
:beer:

i heard youtube~ie ain't showin' it,
here's the wsl link:
PIPE