*** Official 2020 Billabong Pipe Masters Thread ***

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Mike Woo doesn't have a great reputation here in Hawaii.

Let's just say there's a reason he moved to Bali.
Because of his boards, or some personal sh!t?

I don't care about gossip, just wondering because I live in Bali and like the look of the carbon wrap. I'm assuming Slater wouldn't ride his stuff unless it was pretty decent?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
The irony that WSL came to town, closed the beach from Ehukai to Off The Wall (because it's their film set, they have a film permit), then sat in their high and mighty beach front houses only to have 5 of them, including the CEO, get infected. You can't script this.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
The irony that WSL came to town, closed the beach from Ehukai to Off The Wall (because it's their film set, they have a film permit), then sat in their high and mighty beach front houses only to have 5 of them, including the CEO, get infected. You can't script this.
RONA is a sneaky beast and American Exceptionalism is no match for it.

Smart money would have gone to a very remote island in the pacific and basically recreate the NBA bubble.

Too many influencer groupies nearby and only takes one person who can’t help themselves.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
WSL might be circling the drain. That is a lot of logistics and promo $ for the new season that just ended wasted.

The WSL has been done since at least a few months.

You think they didn't know this season wouldn't happen?

Of course they knew.

The 2020- 21 season was all pretend.