*** Official 2020 Billabong Pipe Masters Thread ***

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
so mikey is back in the CT now?

leo makes tons of money on the side so i don't feel bad for him. he'll be back. and then fall off again. and then be back again again. Must be a bit deflating to be a top 35 but not top 10. why not sell watches and bang models instead. living the dream.

who is on the covid watch list other than yago?

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Barton Lynch just mentioned that one of the first times he surfed Pipeline, Gerry Lopez said hi and Barton nearly fell off his board.

Moments after Barton won the 1988 Billabong Pro at Pipe along with the world championship, I went up and took pics of him, and distinctly remembered him nodding to me in acknowledgement. Funny how those little moments can be memorable.

BartonLynch_1_BillabongPro_1988_NealMiyakePhoto.jpg

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
i'm just checkin' in,
so had to find this link to watch me some live competive surfin' on me ol' Toshiba laptop @ a beach,
so ah, i'm just sharin' the link~ie as Thee Sun starts to set here in L.A. right now at 4:42pm...
Pipe Masters
:waving:

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Barton Lynch just mentioned that one of the first times he surfed Pipeline, Gerry Lopez said hi and Barton nearly fell off his board.

Moments after Barton won the 1988 Billabong Pro at Pipe along with the world championship, I went up and took pics of him, and distinctly remembered him nodding to me in acknowledgement. Funny how those little moments can be memorable.
When I was a grom I asked BL for an autograph at the OP Pro at Huntington and he totally shined me. "After the contest" or something like that is what he said. I got Jeremy Flores'd :cursing: :roflmao:

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
On a less than positive note. "internet" comments are typically a bit of a cesspit, but holy sh!t man, why is surfing's YouTube stream comments the absolute worst horseshit you'll ever read?!

not sure why I do it, but can;t help but peek in there now and then. It's like picking a scab or sticking a finger into a tooth cavity ... you know it's fucking stupid, but you just can't help it

Reactions: Boneroni