*** Official 2019 Community Surf Journal ***

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Good times Saturday

Nice to feel some power

Rode the 6-3 Meeks with the new Pyzel fins , match made in heaven

Switched a few waves and tried a Buzzgun from stretch . solid and wonderful, it did caught a wave like a log but turned like a hpsb. Mindblown

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Scored uncrowded, only three of us at one point, slightly offshore 6' waves at one of the more popular points to the South. It was pretty unreal.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
had to work early so had to surf after the 6.73 high tide. was ready for the wind to ruin my day. went down the street to the closest spot, nobody out. still a tad high but dropping fast. put my leash on, and what do i see right next to me|?
a surfer. and hes paddling out exactly where i am. despite a totally empty lineup. what a coincidence.
i paddled away. had a good session. was peaky enough about 4'. had the right board

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
surfed a lot this week despite small waves.

started on the 5'9" tokoro with speed wing fins and that felt pretty good in soft waist-chest peaks although not as good as the dream catcher and then did a few sessions in really small waves on the 11'er and 10'er and surfed last two days in waist high lefts with the odd right on my 6'2" arakawa amplifire which was a bit of a struggle but felt really good to drive and turn sharply on the few good ones i caught.

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
I've been nursing a sprained wrist since last year. It never healed because I never rested it, so I finally took some time off to avoid developing arthritis. Finally got back in the water after a couple months this week. Last weekend had a super fun session with just a coworker and myself on a shoulder high beachbreak right. Sunny, warm, and glassy.

Yesterday I ventured up to OB and had a great time. Got a nice barrel during the morning session. Waves were all over the place so basically had to be in the right place at the right time. Later in the day with the higher tide it was more clean cut, though I was so tired from being out of paddle shape that I was pretty useless. Still it was offshore all day and it was nice spending the day at the beach.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Current was pumping this morning but created a great little rip bowl at my old spot. A lot more fun than it looked like it would be. Some shoulder high sets.

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
Got some fun log waves the past 2 days, yesterday on the VS Slot NR and today on the HPTC.
Bonus today was a second session on the soft tops with both groms cause my daughter was begging me to surf.
Looks like I have a (at least one) surf partner. :jam_on:

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Caught a small hand-full of really nice waves despite it being small and inconsistent. Perfect shape and the crowd was pretty minimal.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
surfed some ok waves all alone today. was a bit of a wait, but much better than surfing the nearest reef with 20 + fools

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Foiled the same peak I've been foiling North of me lately. Lakey Peterson was out and destroying. Made me wish I was on a normal board for a bit. Then I'd look at the normal people out surfing and realize I was on the right board for me today. Still some waves hanging in there, maybe waist high with some chest high sets.

A guy was sitting in the parking lot in his wetsuit holding his board. His car had been stolen out of the parking lot while he was surfing. Glad I bought a realtors lockbox to put my key in last year.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Super crowded this weekend, but lots of good waves. Best ones needed some zig-zagging to get through the inside thickets of those hoping you were going to biff.

Rode the 6'8" one day, the 6' on the other.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
SF Craigslist is on fire right now....

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/spo/d/san-francisco-spot-in-lineup/6805541022.html
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/art/d/san-francisco-travel-surfboard/6801519760.html

:roflmao:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Knee is still bothering me so I rode the glider at a local point.

Words of advice: Wear booties when surfing a rocky point if you've been in dress shoes for 5 days straight.

Lot's of long waves. Felt great.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
ifallalot said:
Holy sh!t OBSF is that crowded now?
Yeah wow, I always assumed it was really spread out and more of a you vs the ocean thing than people.

That looks like Mayport on a September Saturday hurricane swell. Except it's about 4x bigger and the water is 25 degrees colder.

Also "way above a Mollusk guy" :roflmao:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
sizzld1 said:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/spo/d/san-francisco-spot-in-lineup/6805541022.html
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/art/d/san-francisco-travel-surfboard/6801519760.html

Hah! :roflmao:

For too long now, its been that way.

You are not saved by the dawn patrol, the evening "glass off", or the "nooner" either.

Sigh.

I suppose there is always April through September though.

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
Mr Doof said:
sizzld1 said:

Hah! :roflmao:

For too long now, its been that way.

You are not saved by the dawn patrol, the evening "glass off", or the "nooner" either.

Sigh.

I suppose there is always April through September though.
Saturday between 1 and 3 was actually not bad towards the north end. 2 guys and pretty damn good lefts. Then the evening crowd descended.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Went to check it this morning. Wind was blowing offshore, but a little choppy from the near non-stop onshores we've been having. Fun(ish) looking, so I walked back to car to grab the board.

In the 10 mins it took to fetch the board and walk back, the wind had gone howling onshore and ruined what little there was… did the walk of shame back to the car, bone dry.

Hoping for some surf, the eastern Australian coast (not the wave magnet part of it) has been dire :(

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Rode bonzer at my local this morning. Couple fun ones but knee wasn't having it. Made an appt for the doct. FML. I can't seem to catch a break.