Obstruction of Congress

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Nothing happened in the end in every aspect of this charade.

Maybe thought crimes are impeachable now?
You evaded the question like the other minions.

Do you believe trump didn't try to get volinski to announce an investigation of Biden by withholding aid and a meeting?

I think the evidence shows he did.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
One of the articles of impeachment against Tricky Dick Nixon was Contempt of Congress. That guy went all the way to the SCOTUS to keep damning evidence out of Congress' hands and lost. The court ruled he had to give over the tapes, the Prez is not above the law, and so on. It was a landmark case and ended up being Nixon's undoing.

So yeah, it's been done before.

doubleup

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 18, 2019
The Representatives in the 'Peoples House' of Congress better reflect the nation as a whole than POTUS because they need an actual majority to win their seats. Once Impeachment reaches the Senate the imbalance is compounded by the disparity in population per Senator.
Senators from California each represent roughly 20 million people
Each Senator from New York represents approximately 10 million people
Senators from Wyoming represent about 300,000 people each
Montana Senators each represent roughly 500,000 people
But those Senators' votes count equally
That disparity is built into the Constitution and is unlikely to change anytime soon. Anyone claiming that the Impeachment process in the House is somehow 'unfair' and that the process in the Senate will correct that alleged unfairness is ignoring the fact that the will of the vast majority of Americans may not prevail.
But it's not over 'til it's over.

Reactions: Autoprax

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The Representatives in the 'Peoples House' of Congress better reflect the nation as a whole than POTUS because they need an actual majority to win their seats. Once Impeachment reaches the Senate the imbalance is compounded by the disparity in population per Senator.
Senators from California each represent roughly 20 million people
Each Senator from New York represents approximately 10 million people
Senators from Wyoming represent about 300,000 people each
Montana Senators each represent roughly 500,000 people
But those Senators' votes count equally
That disparity is built into the Constitution and is unlikely to change anytime soon. Anyone claiming that the Impeachment process in the House is somehow 'unfair' and that the process in the Senate will correct that alleged unfairness is ignoring the fact that the will of the vast majority of Americans may not prevail.
But it's not over 'til it's over.
All that is done purposefully and shouldn't change.

The House represents the people, the Senate represents the States

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
One of the articles of impeachment against Tricky Dick Nixon was Contempt of Congress. That guy went all the way to the SCOTUS to keep damning evidence out of Congress' hands and lost. The court ruled he had to give over the tapes, the Prez is not above the law, and so on. It was a landmark case and ended up being Nixon's undoing.

So yeah, it's been done before.
And that sham started this whole trend. Shame
that same logic should tell you that abuses of power by a president should not be tolerated because future presidents from either party are now emboldened to keep inching toward dictatorship.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Because this is what the House is running with.
I'd wait until the house presents the charges. I don't 5hink this is all they are going with.

Either way, the Senate won't convict, the Republicans will become the minority party for the next decade, and tRump will be charged for tax evasion by the State of New York. Unless he dies, or runs to Russia.

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold
Each individual congressperson was elected in their respective districts for reasons as varied as those districts. I do recall that word went out to Dems running in 18 to stfu about impeachment because it wasn’t polling well (except in certain liberal enclaves).

Does congress have the right to impeach?

Yes. Does the executive have the right to not cooperate and take whatever penalty congress can muster?

Yes.

I don’t like paying taxes and it’s perfectly ok for me not to do so. Thing is, it’s also perfectly ok for the feds to put me in jail for that.

I don’t want to go to jail so I pay.

I’ve been saying all along that if the Dems want to impeach they should. I would have some respect for them (although I disagree) if they do it.

They still haven’t drawn up articles of impeachment though.
You don’t agree with impeachment? Blackmailing a foreign country to interfere in our election process isn’t enough? Haha Then what is? What does a president have to do to warrant impeachment in your view? Give an example.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
You don’t agree with impeachment? Blackmailing a foreign country to interfere in our election process isn’t enough? Haha Then what is? What does a president have to do to warrant impeachment in your view? Give an example.
America owned, raped and killed millions of slaves. For some folks, there is no right and wrong, there is only profit.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
There is zero evidence of any of that despite the left repeating the lies and their fantasies thousands of times per day via the media.
It's funny how life can be reduced to repeatable patterns.

During a conflict, motivated reasoning can typically express itself three ways: 1) it affects how people evaluate evidence related to an outcome they have a stake in, 2) it influences their beliefs about the person they think is responsible for the unwanted outcome (for our purposes, that person is you), and it allows them to avoid cognitive dissonance that would come from knowingly doing the wrong thing.

Reactions: doubleup