Obamagate!!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Not even close. More like Autoprax's compulsion to say comparisons that he doesn't like the result of are "bad"
I love a valid comparison.

So few are here.

Just because you can't craft a valid comparison doesn't mean that your intended point is not valid.

It just means you didn't illustrate the valid point with your comparison.

Now the person who agrees with the point might see some similarity and that is enough for them. Their error comes in not looking at the differences. I guess motivated reasoning blinds them.

It's pretty simple.

Aristole noted that to craft good metaphors is tough and not something for the weak minded.

His assessment seems pretty on target looking at what I see here every day.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

So few are here.

Just because you can't craft a valid comparison doesn't mean that your intended point is not valid.

Now the person who agrees with the point might see some similarity and that is enough for them. Their error comes in not looking at the differences. I guess motivated reasoning blinds them.

It's pretty simple.

Aristole noted that to craft good metaphors is tough and not something for the weak minded.

I should go back and read that dudes stuff. I took one philosophy course during college and it was the 2nd worst course I ever took. First worst was chemical oceanography.

anyhoo.....the philosophy professor didn’t engage in very meaningful or relevant discussions and was incredibly boring. he also always had some white pasty spittle in the corner of his mouth.

meanwhile one of my friends in college hung out with his hot English professor and she’d drive down to chapel hill whenever Superchunk played.

The 90s was a great decade.

• Love
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

So few are here.

It's pretty simple.

Bullshit. These comparisons are just fine for a conversational message board. You just don't like the result of them and therefore say they're bad. Nothing is exactly the same, therefore any time you make comparisons there is going to be a difference factor.

If you didn't do this in such a partisan way you might be believable about this. But then again, these posts aren't academic papers either

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Bullshit. These comparisons are just fine for a conversational message board. You just don't like the result of them and therefore say they're bad. Nothing is exactly the same, therefore any time you make comparisons there is going to be a difference factor.

If you didn't do this in such a partisan way you might be believable about this. But then again, these posts aren't academic papers either
JUST EXCEPT MUH CUMPARISHUNNNSS

1589299600518.jpeg

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Why didn’t Trumby bring up Obamagate sooner?

Why did he wait until his response to the virus became a monumental failure?

Why did he wait until a few days before scotus began debating his tax return case?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I should go back and read that dudes stuff. I took one philosophy course during college and it was the 2nd worst course I ever took. First worst was chemical oceanography.

anyhoo.....the philosophy professor didn’t engage in very meaningful or relevant discussions and was incredibly boring. he also always had some white pasty spittle in the corner of his mouth.

meanwhile one of my friends in college hung out with his hot English professor and she’d drive down to chapel hill whenever Superchunk played.

The 90s was a great decade.
Did you guys ever have professors with sweat problems?

I had this guy for one of my lower level history courses that would sweat through his sport coat even. He looked like he was working out giving a lecture.

He was also completely horrendous because the class was supposed to be something like 1000-1500 CE and he made it into an art history class. He also was from Fremont or some sh!t originally and put on a fake British inflection on his speech

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
In other words, you've got noting and you're trolling.
You're right - I am trolling you. Because this is a dumb question. The reason it's happening "now" is because this is how long it took for the documents to be released which demonstrate the extent of the lying that these officials have engaged in whilst pursuing Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

I had this guy for one of my lower level history courses that would sweat through his sport coat even. He looked like he was working out giving a lecture.

He was also completely horrendous because the class was supposed to be something like 1000-1500 CE and he made it into an art history class. He also was from Fremont or some sh!t originally and put on a fake British inflection on his speech
That's the worst.

I don't remember any profs with sweat problems. But my biochem course was team taught and one prof looked like Emperor Palpatine while another looked like Newman from Seinfeld.

My best prof were large and dumb-looking like Home Simpson or Kevin Malone from the office. They taught by working through practice problems and having engaging class discussions.

I had a physics prof who looked like Charlie Manson and I went up after class to ask him something about Jimi Hendrix's guitar pickups and he lit up like the 4th of July and gave me a great explanation.

You're right - I am trolling you. Because this is a dumb question. The reason it's happening "now" is because this is how long it took for the documents to be released which demonstrate the extent of the lying that these officials have engaged in whilst pursuing Trump.
Why did the documents take so long to get out? Who, other than the president, has the power to uncover documents?

That's why your argument doesn't hold water. Trumby could've started this investigation at any time in the last few years. He waited until a time when it would provide a convenient distraction.

This Obamagate thing will be forgotten in a week and Trumby will move onto the next red herring.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

Why do you say I don't like the result?

I'm not challenging "the result."

Are you not reading what I am writing?

I'm asserting that these comparisons doesn't support the conclusion (the "result").

Yes, comparisons will have differences.

But they can't be relevant to support your conclusion (the "result.")

This is silly conversation.

Because we are speaking in generalities.

Here is a couple of differences:

When president BO talked to Medvid, Russia hadn't invaded Ukraine and tried to meddle in the 2016 election.

When flynn was asked about the conversation by the FBI, he lied.

Obama wasn't working as a foreign agent for Turkey.

Those are a couple of differences that make the comparison faulty.

Yeah, other than that, it's a great comparison?

Last edited:

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Why did the documents take so long to get out? Who, other than the president, has the power to uncover documents?

That's why your argument doesn't hold water. Trumby could've started this investigation at any time in the last few years. He waited until a time when it would provide a convenient distraction.

This Obamagate thing will be forgotten in a week and Trumby will move onto the next red herring.
That's some wishful thinking. The talking heads have been on the dishonest and corrupt elements of the muh-Russia investigations for the last 18 months at least. This is not going to blow over in a week.

With that said, I also don't think it's going to have an impact on the election like the screechers are hoping. I think most normal people are completely burned out on the Get-Trump circus and all its sideshows.

Last edited:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

We had a middle school math teacher named Mr Vellucci who sweat like Ted Striker trying to land a 747.

striker.gif

Reactions: Ifallalot

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Secret Agent of Turkey
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not much different than Hunter Biden actually.
tell me more about how Hunter Biden was Director of National Security...

or how Hunter Biden failed to register as a foreign agent

or how Hunter Biden was negotiating sanctions before assuming office

or how Hunter Biden lied about all that sh!t and made himself susceptible to blackmail

you're losing it, bud

Reactions: mundus and $kully

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
the other thing that's absurd about this whole "his poor poor son" bullshit
is that everyone seems to completely ignore the fact that a) Flynn Jr is
a total righttard piece of sh!t Comet Ping Pong Pizzagate promoter and
that b) he and his dad were in cahoots on their business operations

oh he had to "protect his son"...the shady sh!t he was doing was intended
to directly benefit his shitheel kid

Reactions: $kully

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
the other thing that's absurd about this whole "his poor poor son" bullshit
is that everyone seems to completely ignore the fact that a) Flynn Jr is
a total righttard piece of sh!t Comet Ping Pong Pizzagate promoter and
that b) he and his dad were in cahoots on their business operations

oh he had to "protect his son"...the shady sh!t he was doing was intended
to directly benefit his shitheel kid
It's as if Mueller was going after someone like Baron or something. The "victimization" of Flynn Jr from the likes of Surfdog is incredibly rich.

Reactions: mundus