Obama’s documentary gets an Oscar nomination...

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
it's a really good documentary

the closing segment with the chinese factory boss is poignant

Reactions: FecalFace

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
Excellent documentary. “Why We Hate,” available on Amazon is also great

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
They should have given this award before Obama took office.

It should be named "Why We Hate Conservatives", or "Look everybody! More Hollywood degenerates hate conservatives."

Yawn.

Well that didn't take long.

Which segment of the movie was dedicated to the cause of hating conservatives? Can you give me the timestamp?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
The amount of mutual back patting and virtue signaling below that tweet must've taken at least 1.21 Gigawatts of power (and counting) to distribute around the planet.
you might need a break from erBB. Most of us know this is fake. You seem to be taking things way too seriously.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Can we talk about the real Elephant in the Room with this years Oscars, mainly that The Irishman was nominated? Fookin hell, I’d love to see Netflix’s diagnostics on the number of households that started that movie and never finished it. I barely made it 45 minutes .

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Can we talk about the real Elephant in the Room with this years Oscars, mainly that The Irishman was nominated? Fookin hell, I’d love to see Netflix’s diagnostics on the number of households that started that movie and never finished it. I barely made it 45 minutes .
One thing right, left and center should agree on.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
I haven't seen it, hadn't even heard of it until this thread, so I watched the trailer and read a review in the Atlantic. My initial impression is that this is a really weird move for the Obamas.

I get their desire to try and address the rust belt demographic that moved towards Trump in the last election. I prefer the Bush clan's approach to politics once they left office - mostly shut the hell up and let the new crew elected by America do their thing.

But a movie where a Chinese billionaire comes to the US to "save" an industrial plant seems like a horrible look to pump out as the first film for your production company - if you are an American President.

He might have noticed there is a bit of a trade war going on and that the Chinese have been using every legal and illegal means necessary to outflank US companies for a few decades now.

But maybe the movie addresses that?

Reactions: Billy Ocean