NYC cuts $1B from $6B police budget

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I used to like going to New York City. Even though Philadelphia is a much shorter drive and a less costly trip I generally avoid Philadelphia because it is not a safe place. I go to New York instead. New York felt safe. Looks like I will add New York City to my list of unsafe places to avoid.

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
LOL!!! Unsafe in NYC or Philly? Man you live life in more fear than I thought. I’ve spent a lot of time in both philly and NYC, both are very safe places to visit. Nothing will change about that.

But it’s good to see we already have two muppets white knighting for clerks and screeching against cutting government overspending.

oh how easily those views change.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
:ROFLMAO:

1. Isn't this what the libertarians want? An end to the police state?

2. The money is supposedly being diverted to education. Who would be against that?

3. Crime rates are at all-time lows in New York. So why wouldn't this be a time dial back police funding? http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/nycrime.htm

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
1. Isn't this what the libertarians want? An end to the police state?

2. The money is supposedly being diverted to education. Who would be against that?

3. Crime rates are at all-time lows in New York. So why wouldn't this be a time dial back police funding? http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/nycrime.htm
I agree with Hal

AND the budget is still FIVE BILLION DOLLARS ffs

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
NYC's upward trajectory was directly tied to its getting a handle on the crime problem 25 yrs ago

Now they are flushing that all down the toilet

NYC is also a major terrorist target

This is a monumentally stupid decision

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I haven’t read the article and don’t know what areas they’re cutting from, but I’m having a hard time thinking that giving the police less resources is going to be beneficial for anyone

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
LOL!!! Unsafe in NYC or Philly? Man you live life in more fear than I thought. I’ve spent a lot of time in both philly and NYC, both are very safe places to visit. Nothing will change about that.

But it’s good to see we already have two muppets white knighting for clerks and screeching against cutting government overspending.

oh how easily those views change.
cops are not clerks

you still do not understand the clerk concept

sad!

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
No you just keep moving those goalposts.

clerk lover
clerks are dweebs in offices who think they can create laws

cops enforce laws that are actual laws

now you know so you can use words properly

by the way, clerks are fine so long as they don't get confused about what their role is and who they work for

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom

by the way, clerks are fine so long as they don't get confused about what their role is and who they work for
Awkward post edit here but you proved my point.

why do you hate democracy so much? You a fckin commie?!

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Awkward post edit here but you proved my point.

why do you hate democracy so much? You a fckin commie?!
no one elected clerks to make laws

that is the issue

"checks and balances" are written into the constitution: the president, the house, the senate and courts. Notice no mention of clerks

clerks are part of the executive branch. they work for the president who is elected by the people. clerks do not have the authority to disobey the president. they are not a "check and balance."

if you don't like the president's policies, the constitution provides for actual checks and balances by the other branches of government or by electing a different president.

Now you know so you can stop being so silly

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
no one is defending cops who don't follow the law
Oh yes, they are. Protect the status quo right billy?

no one elected clerks to make laws

that is the issue

"checks and balances" are written into the constitution: the president, the house, the senate and courts. Notice no mention of clerks

clerks are part of the executive branch. they work for the president who is elected by the people. clerks do not have the authority to disobey the president. they are not a "check and balance."

if you don't like the president's policies, the constitution provides for actual checks and balances by the other branches of government or by electing a different president.

Now you know so you can stop being so silly
So what you’re saying is you believe in thought crime.

Last edited:

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Less money!

This is brilliant. Now it should be easier to attract higher quality applicants, train them better and reduce their level of stress!

All companies should adopt this brilliant new concept.

From now on we are going to cut everybody's wages in half, reduce your number of coworkers and thus enable you to increase your performance/output!

God bless America!

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

Clerks take property, police ostensibly protect property