NY and CA to require vaccinations for certain workers…..

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The democrats have two things driving everything they do politically right now.
1. Keep people as divided as possible.
2. Preserve mass mail in voting with as little security as possible.
Panic Panic Panic and Vaccine Mandates are key to the two things above.
So much stupid in so few words.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
you should look into the concepts of sarcasm and irony.

and I‘ve been trying to convince a few of the top morons on erBB that the Spanish flu never went away for at least a year now.
We know it never went away

Difference is we haven't been acting like fools trying to avoid it for a century

Reactions: laidback

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
We know it never went away

Difference is we haven't been acting like fools trying to avoid it for a century

I'm not sure if you speak for everyone. I think there are a select few who think that we achieved herd immunity and that the Spanish (really the American) Flu went away.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal

get vacced or stay home=freedom is a choice

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I'm not sure if you speak for everyone. I think there are a select few who think that we achieved herd immunity and that the Spanish (really the American) Flu went away.
American Flu because that's where it was first reported?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
This doesn't concern you deeply in terms of backlash? I mean white moderates like you/me seem to be pretty in favor of getting the vaccine, but it seems like a shitload of non-white (D) voters and the right 1/2 of the GOP just isn't having it.

I worry that the State of California and City of New York putting the hammer down on public sector employees might throw fuel on the anti-vax conflagration and only serve to harden resistance to it.

YMMV
Sometimes the right thing to do is counterproductive in elections. Politicizing health policy has proven as harmful as anything in this pandemic and literally breaking health policy decisions down by how voters may respond should be the last of our concerns. And this goes both ways, look at how it’s working out for DeSantis. His star rose early by making the popular decisions with voters but that’s starting to blow up in his face.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Sometimes the right thing to do is counterproductive in elections. Politicizing health policy has proven as harmful as anything in this pandemic and literally breaking health policy decisions down by how voters may respond should be the last of our concerns. And this goes both ways, look at how it’s working out for DeSantis. His star rose early by making the popular decisions with voters but that’s starting to blow up in his face.
pretty much went the same for donald. had he done the bare minimum covid precaution he would have won the election. he ignored everyone except his most loyal base, blew up in his face.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Sometimes big boy decisions are the unpopular ones. We live in a society full of spoiled brats. If you capitulate to their demands you may get re-elected but then you have to deal with their mess.

Sometimes it takes a real leader to sacrifice their future political aspirations for the greater good of the country. Even if that sacrifice goes unappreciated.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
I wonder if you get a sticker if you have antibodies or just if you get vaxed?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I still can’t understand how Trumby isn’t out there strutting his stuff bragging about project warp speed. This may be the biggest political blunder in history.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
When you say look how it's working out for DeSantis, you make that sound like he's not going to cruise to re-election next year, then win the GOP primary in 2024 if Trump doesn't run, or 2028 if Trump does.

Sometimes big boy decisions are the unpopular ones. We live in a society full of spoiled brats. If you capitulate to their demands you may get re-elected but then you have to deal with their mess.

Sometimes it takes a real leader to sacrifice their future political aspirations for the greater good of the country. Even if that sacrifice goes unappreciated.
We lost .18% of the country. This isn't about Biden's political aspirations. It's about the Supreme Court. I'd trade .18% of the country for Breyer and Thomas. F--k this one up, and your fourth and fifth Justices are Kavanaugh and Gorsuch or some sh!t.

Reactions: Rlacey111

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I still can’t understand how Trumby isn’t out there strutting his stuff bragging about project warp speed. This may be the biggest political blunder in history.
It's not a political blunder at all. The left half of the GOP is vaccinated and understand the timeline on the vaccine development. They don't need that re-iterated. The right half wants to develop a test to see if you're vaccinated and should be gassed. It's off-brand and incongruent.

Al Gore huffing like a baby in the 2000 debates, Robbie Mook's management of HRC 2016, the nominations of McGovern and Mondale, Defund the Police, letting Sarah Palin do interviews...THOSE are blunders.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
It's not a political blunder at all. The left half of the GOP is vaccinated and understand the timeline on the vaccine development. They don't need that re-iterated. The right half wants to develop a test to see if you're vaccinated and should be gassed. It's off-brand and incongruent.

Al Gore huffing like a baby in the 2000 debates, Robbie Mook's management of HRC 2016, the nominations of McGovern and Mondale, Defund the Police, letting Sarah Palin do interviews...THOSE are blunders.
This time last year I would have included running a screaming senile old man but limiting his campaigning to his basement but now that doesn't seem like such a bad idea anymore.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
This time last year I would have included running a screaming senile old man but limiting his campaigning to his basement but now that doesn't seem like such a bad idea anymore.
Yes, after losing with the screaming lucid old woman who blanketed the airwaves with her campaign ads, making people jump on yet another Zoom to hear Biden disqualify himself when the two things they're most tired of are politics and Zoom meetings turned out to be a sighting of the exceedingly rare properly executed Do No Harm by the Democrats.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Yes, after losing with the screaming lucid old woman who blanketed the airwaves with her campaign ads, making people jump on yet another Zoom to hear Biden disqualify himself when the two things they're most tired of are politics and Zoom meetings turned out to be a sighting of the exceedingly rare properly executed Do No Harm by the Democrats.
Never underestimate the ability of the Dems to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Since Joe will be only a 1 term president, Kamala was clearly groomed to be the anointed centrist who will win in 2024. But it turns out she's not so popular and the people who work for her say she's a bitch, and her lustre is wearing off. They've got to be freaking right now that the base will nominate someone who is not electable in 2024 (see: McGovern, Mondale, Dukakis, etc...) If the Repubs nominate someone who is halfway reasonable (a big if, for sure...) the Dems could be toast in 24.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit