NVS

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
With your consumer freindly pricing you have brought G-10 out of the "Shadows" :)

With your gain in popularity and interest I'm sure consumers will pay an increase in price and still be more reasonable than the top builds of the big guys .

12 years ago a large machine shop in San Jose was willing to make mine for 15.00 per fin - but never did
With your volume I would think the same place would do them for 20.00 per fin today
Quick turnaround - possibly easier buisness - priced at 120.00 per set you would still be way ahead .
China manufacturing = mo' profits.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If you want G10 fins order from Greg Griffin.

Doesn't get more "core" than that.

I've heard nothing but glowing reviews.

Someone mentioned surf fins being manufactured in China as "core".

I'm not sure how outsourcing your surfboard fins to some guy in a Chinese factory in Wandongchingchong is core...the closest the guy will probably ever get to the ocean is watching it on the idiotbox in some crummy communist housing project.

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I've tried with Future fins and didn't even receive a response to my email.
Huh.

I called them, they sent me a fin.

Then I got another fin in the mail a few weeks later.

I called to let them know and they said don't worry about it, just keep the fin.

FCS the same. I called, they took my info and sent me a fin.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Huh.

I called them, they sent me a fin.

Then I got another fin in the mail a few weeks later.

I called to let them know and they said don't worry about it, just keep the fin.

FCS the same. I called, they took my info and sent me a fin.
This was 12 years ago. Maybe things changed. I don't mind Futures. I have a few sets that I'm completely satisfied with.

That being said, is Futures made in the USA? I've never seen an actual answer to this.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
This was 12 years ago. Maybe things changed. I don't mind Futures. I have a few sets that I'm completely satisfied with.

That being said, is Futures made in the USA? I've never seen an actual answer to this.
I think only certain fins are. I believe the whole Alpha line is and that a select other few are such as their "custom" series.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
When I had an FCS2 fin fall out it was like pulling teeth to get a replacement fin from them.

Futures guys seemed more willing to help when I bought a set of DHD's that had a twisted side fin but getting them on the line took multiple tries and forget about email, I don't think they ever check it.

Lohena

OTF status
Oct 30, 2019
Tried the NVS Knox set today, too stiff for my liking and the board they were intended for.
Quick update: it's the board NOT the fins. Finally tried these in my hpsb and they were not too stiff. I admittedly only had a few turns on them, but I wanted to post this to update my other feedback.

First impressions are they slice through turns like a mofo. They feel alive and seem to have a good balance of drive and responsiveness. Recommended for sure.

One thing to note that my hpsb (HS Black Noiz) already slices turns like a hot knife through butter, so these fins just made it more so. Also the TN medium are smaller than my normal Jordy Large set.

Out of curiousity, do others size these smaller than their normal fins to compensate for the stiffer flex?

Reactions: jkb and Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Out of curiousity, do others size these smaller than their normal fins to compensate for the stiffer flex?
I've had that thought but I tried a medium JC set and they still felt just too small in my daily driver. In a step up they felt good. I don't know if they have a kind of M-L size template that would work for me. The L AM's go well in stubby boards but I still prefer my honeycomb DHD L and Jordy L for most of my thrustering.

For Twins the NVS Album Fascination and regular Album Twins are easily my favorite upright twin sets at the moment. The foils are more refined than any fiberglass twin fins I own but they still have good stiffness and a nice twangy tip. I tried a keel set, the Triton I think, but I didn't love it, just a little too directional and tracky for me. Better suited to old school fishy type surfing I think.

Reactions: Lohena