NVS

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Is anyone worried about these fins performing an elective surgery on some part of your body?

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Is anyone worried about these fins performing an elective surgery on some part of your body?
Absolutely. I love the way they surf and I don't experience any tail heavy feelings or anything like that. The AM-L's are like scalpels though and that's after I've spent considerable time with the sand paper. I have definitely worried about surfing them. The most recent ones I got, the Album Fascination Twins are a bit less sharp.

Reactions: JDJ

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
The sharpest commercial fins that I’ve seen were those Aussie ones that almost took off Parko’s foot.

But G10 is an extremely hard material that can be foiled down into a blade while maintaining its integrity.

Reactions: Aruka

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Absolutely. I love the way they surf and I don't experience any tail heavy feelings or anything like that. The most recent ones I got, the Album Fascination Twins are a bit less sharp.
^this
mine are not sharp: thin, and rigid, though.
Really happy with them, feel very clean w/ no loading or undesired sliding.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
how tall are your quad rears typically?
I get as much info of the board and fin placements then size them for that and adjust placements if neeed
This customer sent me the program for the board including its fin placements - Perfect
My 4 fin rears go from 3 3/4" to 4 7/16 tall
These rears are 4 1/4" tall - one size smaller than what I use in my own shapes at that tail width

Last edited:
Reactions: jkb and SharkBoy

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Are those going on a concave bottom board?

If so do you make the fins more flexy ?

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Why do most of NVS' twin tab twins (Album, Triton, Ono, Nautilis, Kraken) not have the notch at the base of the trailing edge compared to their Futures counterpart?

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Why do most of NVS' twin tab twins (Album, Triton, Ono, Nautilis, Kraken) not have the notch at the base of the trailing edge compared to their Futures counterpart?
Futures cant make full base fins

The base is where you should get your most lift and hold from ,and above that the release and control of the lift and hold in a well designed template .