Numbness in forearm/Bicept

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Get you neck checked.

I separated my collar bone (A/C separation) snowboarding in ‘99.

In 2014 had shoulder pain, numbness in forearm, fingers, bicep, etc. Thought it was the shoulder surgery going out of warranty. Went to doctor, shoulder fine, neck fuckked up. Turns out that when I blew the shoulder/collar bone I also broke my neck.

It just took 15 years for the neck thing to manifest.

Get. Your. Neck. Checked!!!!!!!
Thanks, for the honest response.The original injury was not traumatic, more like overuse a hard day of manual topped off with a long agsinst the tide swim.

Last edited:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Get you neck checked.

I separated my collar bone (A/C separation) snowboarding in ‘99.

In 2014 had shoulder pain, numbness in forearm, fingers, bicep, etc. Thought it was the shoulder surgery going out of warranty. Went to doctor, shoulder fine, neck fuckked up. Turns out that when I blew the shoulder/collar bone I also broke my neck.

It just took 15 years for the neck thing to manifest.

Get. Your. Neck. Checked!!!!!!!
Thanks for the warning. MD x-rayed the neck and said I had moderate narrowing of c5 and c6 discs due to "wear and tear." He recommended I continue PT. PT said, "There's nothing more I can do. " I was then referred to a pain management group. They said "Continue PT, possibly acupuncture, T.E.N.S. therapy, and/or cortisone injections." I said "No thanks" to the cortisone. Doesn't seem bad enough yet for that. Acupuncture. I'm skeptical.

As much as pain relief, I'm looking for exercises that will stave off for as long as possible the inevitible. I liked what you said about neck traction. Seems to make sense. I came across the "Saunders neck traction device." Ever used it? I'm going to see if my insurance will cover it. Haven't tried to door thing yet.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Thanks for the warning. MD x-rayed the neck and said I had moderate narrowing of c5 and c6 discs due to "wear and tear." He recommended I continue PT. PT said, "There's nothing more I can do. " I was then referred to a pain management group. They said "Continue PT, possibly acupuncture, T.E.N.S. therapy, and/or cortisone injections." I said "No thanks" to the cortisone. Doesn't seem bad enough yet for that. Acupuncture. I'm skeptical.

As much as pain relief, I'm looking for exercises that will stave off for as long as possible the inevitible. I liked what you said about neck traction. Seems to make sense. I came across the "Saunders neck traction device." Ever used it? I'm going to see if my insurance will cover it. Haven't tried to door thing yet.
Cortisone injections for me was a game changer. They don’t work for everyone but it worked for me and allowed me to do the work to get my neck healed/healing for long term.

I use (and have used) a homemade neck traction device daily for the last 5 years or so. My goal is to never again go through what I went through.

I have a very high pain tolerance but the night before my last cortisone injection (5 years ago) I told my wife to kill me.

And I meant it.

Here’s what I use for traction (my PT recommended it (5 years ago))....

Every. Single. Day.

Reactions: Swallow Tail

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House

Look into getting one of these. Can be found bin eBay. Used for ~ $40

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Cortisone injections for me was a game changer. They don’t work for everyone but it worked for me and allowed me to do the work to get my neck healed/healing for long term.

I use (and have used) a homemade neck traction device daily for the last 5 years or so. My goal is to never again go through what I went through.

I have a very high pain tolerance but the night before my last cortisone injection (5 years ago) I told my wife to kill me.

And I meant it.

Here’s what I use for traction (my PT recommended it (5 years ago))....

Every. Single. Day.
How long do you stay in traction?