NSR Guitar Buying Question

warble2

Gerry Lopez status
May 5, 2008
Seems like there's a fair amount of musicians that post here and I'm looking for some advice on purchasing a guitar online. Any recommendations you can share on reputable dealers that you've used and had good experiences with? I'm a staunch advocate of supporting brick and mortar small business but also left handed. No music shop in a my area stocks what I'm looking for and the nearest authorized dealer for what I want is quite a ways away.

I've found what look like good deals from Austin Bazaar, Reverb.com, and of course going direct to Fender. You guys use any of these in the past?

Guitar in question here:telecaster.jpg

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
Seems like there's a fair amount of musicians that post here and I'm looking for some advice on purchasing a guitar online. Any recommendations you can share on reputable dealers that you've used and had good experiences with? I'm a staunch advocate of supporting brick and mortar small business but also left handed. No music shop in a my area stocks what I'm looking for and the nearest authorized dealer for what I want is quite a ways away.

I've found what look like good deals from Austin Bazaar, Reverb.com, and of course going direct to Fender. You guys use any of these in the past?

Guitar in question here:View attachment 104815
also take a look on ebay. i got my last tele there and it was pretty much mint. totally as described, cheap too/american made... first guitar i ever bought without my guitar expert friend to babysit me with the purchase.

years ago he went with me to roadtest a ‘52 reissue tel at a shop, and he went through a few before picking the one he thought had the best sound/intonation - i mostly listen to retard music, so i couldn’t tell the diff...

of course, lefty is tougher.

buy american! (fender mexi are pretty good too) no commie guitars!!!

:jamon:

Drumsurf

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 4, 2012
Beach
Sweetwater’s service is pretty solid. I’ve never bought instruments on line but have used them for hardware and random stuff. They communicate well and are knowledgeable. Follow up calls, etc.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I had a bad experience with Sweetwater.

Basically, the head person said, I voided the warranty trying to fix the unit and I had to eat sh!t. She was a real bitch too. And I was nice.

I calmly told her I would never buy another thing from them again and have not.

The sales guy calls me up later and says he just checking in.

So I says, I know this isn't your fault but your boss is a fucking kunt and I will never buy anything from you again.

:dancing:

SurfsUpChuck

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 3, 2005
Alma, Ca
I've bought guitars on craigslist, eBay and reverb. Got an Eastman E10D on craigslist from a guy who said his wife had a '3 guitar rule'. He got a new Santa Cruz and let go of the E10D for less than half price of new, and he had it set up after buying it at Gryphon with diff pick guard and front strap button. Deals are out there you just have to look.

I got this bass from Monoprice for 199$ Put diff strings on it from Sweetwater actually, its fun to mess around with unplugged.

They sell a telecaster knock off. Their Sapele ukulele used to be 30$ now its 50$ and on backorder. Fun for kicking around and camping.