November 4 2017 It Begins.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
StuAzole said:
Surfdog said:
StuAzole said:
If you're on your way to a job interview on the 101 and you haven't left yourself an extra hour for traffic, you don't deserve the job. And nobody drives that direction for medical help.
I'm sure it would've much longer than a 1/2 hour waiting to get all cleared and the CHP out of there.

By ya, make more excuses for them. You should join them and make it work even better.
I assume they were arrested? If yes, seems a fair resolution. They don't need me to make excuses for them and, honestly, I don't give a f*ck what they're on about. It's just funny to see GDaddy so riled up over a minor frustration.
They won't stop blocking until they get arrested. So, depending on resources, it could take 1/2 to an hour or more to get it resolved. Multiply that around the city of L.A. and you're going to have a lot really "happy" people that are trying to ignore these idiots. Someone will get hurt, or worse.

Ya, that's going to get the general public on your side. :rolleyes:

If they caused a deadly rear-end crash with fire and people die will that be worth the "cause"?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Surfdog said:
StuAzole said:
Surfdog said:
StuAzole said:
If you're on your way to a job interview on the 101 and you haven't left yourself an extra hour for traffic, you don't deserve the job. And nobody drives that direction for medical help.
I'm sure it would've much longer than a 1/2 hour waiting to get all cleared and the CHP out of there.

By ya, make more excuses for them. You should join them and make it work even better.
I assume they were arrested? If yes, seems a fair resolution. They don't need me to make excuses for them and, honestly, I don't give a f*ck what they're on about. It's just funny to see GDaddy so riled up over a minor frustration.
They won't stop blocking until they get arrested. So, depending on resources, it could take 1/2 to an hour or more to get it resolved. Multiply that around the city of L.A. and you're going to have a lot really "happy" people that are trying to ignore these idiots. Someone will get hurt, or worse.

If they caused a deadly rear-end crash with fire and people die will that be worth the "cause"?
What if the little angry guy from NK is in the car that gets rear-ended and explodes? And then NK decides to unleash its nuclear fury? Oh man, what if.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
StuAzole said:
Surfdog said:
StuAzole said:
Surfdog said:
StuAzole said:

What if the little angry guy from NK is in the car that gets rear-ended and explodes? And then NK decides to unleash its nuclear fury? Oh man, what if.
Poor try at deflection. WTF does that have to do with this?

My scenario is much more likely than Rocketboy launching his nukes at the USA.

Sounds like you defend antifa and their wannabes?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
StuAzole said:
your use of the word "victim" is awesome! Hyperbole is the best.

I remember once a guy was sitting on the overpass, deciding whether or not to jump. The cops closed the freeway and I was stuck, so I got out and started yelling "jump, jump, jump". I mean, I didn't want to be held hostage by this guy any longer than I had to. He didn't jump, but I later found that SOB and sued him for wasting my time. I also sued the CHP because they made me wait too. I lost though - apparently, "I was really inconvenienced" isn't legally actionable.
If anyone is so selfish they hold up thousands of people while they waffle on whether or not to jump they deserve to die.

Freeway suicide is narcissism, and they usually don't even end up doing it so that's one more way they are a failure in life

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
People are actually whining that Trump isn't respecting Rocketman by calling him by name

Lil Kim does not deserve any respect from anyone

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
People are mad because the situation in NK is very real, and say what you will, but its not the time for trump to go on a rosey O'Donnell-esque name calling pissing match. Time for him to do his f-ing job.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
manbearpig said:
People are mad because the situation in NK is very real, and say what you will, but its not the time for trump to go on a rosey O'Donnell-esque name calling pissing match. Time for him to do his f-ing job.
No sh!t, but do you think that people held back on what they called Hitler, Hirohito, Stalin, or Kruschev?

Enemies do not deserve respect outside of the respect you give that they might hurt you. You're not going to be nice to someone in a fight to the death

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Show me a comparable instance.

Different times, the Internet and social media has totally changed everything. Comparisons will be difficult to even be relevant.

Responding to an up and coming nuclear power, with an unstable leader, by resorting to name calling and prodding on twitter is possibly the last thing we need our leader to do. There's a time and place for sh!t talk, and there's a time and place to get serious, shut the f-k up and do your job. This is the latter.

It's somewhat amazing to even have to explain that.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
History is not taught about even WWII anymore.....

We pulled no punches making fun of our enemies. If you think Rocketboy is a friend, then we've lost already.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Those are some good ones, and good examples. They were also in conjunction with leaders that took their situation a little more seriously and more of an understanding of potential outcome. they were published with a legitimate campaign of undermining our enemies.

Now we have a bafoon who is wearing his inexperience on his sleeve, using his personal social media account to name call and lacking a plan to deal with the situation. The above is an example of our country using organized propaganda with a cause, trumps just making us look weak.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
manbearpig said:
Those are some good ones, and good examples. They were also in conjunction with leaders that took their situation a little more seriously and more of an understanding of potential outcome. they were published with a legitimate campaign of undermining our enemies.

Now we have a bafoon who is wearing his inexperience on his sleeve, using his personal social media account to name call and lacking a plan to deal with the situation. The above is an example of our country using organized propaganda with a cause, trumps just making us look weak.
Posters back then were the equivalent to social media of today.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
You still can't even compare the two. It's all about accessibility. Today, for better or worse, everything you say and post online is available for all to see. Those posters did not reach the audience that is possible today.

American propaganda during WW2 was also used as support for our army during actual conflict, not to instigate it. There is zero benefit to prod and instigate a countries newfound nuclear capability through childish twitter comments. That's not propoganda, that's just bad strategy and incompetence.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
manbearpig said:
You still can't even compare the two. It's all about accessibility. Today, for better or worse, everything you say and post online is available for all to see. Those posters did not reach the audience that is possible today.

American propaganda during WW2 was also used as support for our army during actual conflict, not to instigate it. There is zero benefit to prod and instigate a countries newfound nuclear capability through childish twitter comments. That's not propoganda, that's just bad strategy and incompetence.
Lots of good about todays "accessability" to info. The internet is like a giant catalog or encyclopedia of old, along as a source of current events.

But much is also fake, contrived, half-truth and opinionated. Filtering it is a constant effort to get at the truth, and many are too lazy to bother. So, if it agrees with their viewpoint or political persuasion, they just go with it, unverified.

That's where it led us now. Lots perceived "truths" out there unchecked.

It's not so much what's reported, it's what's NOT reported, on both sides of a story.