Notorious RBG dead at 87

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I like his rulings so far, I don't agree with all of them but he's a wildcard that is not ticking the typical boxes one would assume for a Republican, let alone Trump, nominee
A lot of Supes don't follow the script after they get in. It's amazing how often they put the law over politics.

I figure if a Supe is pissing off the right or left wings, they're doing a good job.

Reactions: grapedrink

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
IMO RBG is a legend on many degrees. A real bummer this happened, regardless of the bad timing. I can only hope someone either doesn’t get appointed before the election or someone reasonable to fit the seat after the election. RIP RBG

Reactions: plasticbertrand

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
He will do anything and everything to shove a Trump nominee down our throats with no regard for past precedent that he set. He's proud to be a shameless slimebucket. The Merrick Garland stunt was his greatest achievement.
You participation trophy kids trip me out. The Garland situation is irrelevant. It wasn't a stunt at the time. Obama simply did not have the votes at the time in the senate to get a leftist judge approved. It was no more complex than that. Our Constitution grants the Senate that power. Had it been critical for Obama to get a nominee through he should have nominated someone who would have been palatable to the Republican controlled senate or even have consulted with senate republican leaders during the selection process.

Just listen to yourself still having a temper tantrum because you lost in 2016. Its pathetic. Like I said, you participation trophy kids trip me out.

Reactions: Billy Ocean

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Who were the 3?
I have no idea. You could look it up.

The "what would people do" arguments are lame, in my opinion. We can easily observe what people have done.

In terms of cancel culture, Falwell seems to be a recent victim.

Jun 29, 2017
IMO RBG is a legend on many degrees. A real bummer this happened, regardless of the bad timing. I can only hope someone either doesn’t get appointed before the election or someone reasonable to fit the seat after the election. RIP RBG
She was as cooking doucchebag!!