Not only is Gabby terrible, but his fans are too

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
poor guy is gonna blow his next heat, I hope not, but this has gotta be messing with his head

YeahNo

OTF status
Jan 20, 2017
Kelly's Cove
Imagine the repercussions at Pipe if something happens to Alessa between now and then. Gabs wouldn't even make it to the beach.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I like Mr. Medina.

He wants to win.

He's driven.

He's not interested in being pals with other guys on tour.

He DGAF.

The armpit shaving thing was one of the most badass things ever because
a) they offered him $$$$ to do it.
b) he did it, completely not giving a fck.

I'm sure the poon lines up around the block as well.

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
But if he wanted to win, he would've checked who had priority, right? Focused competitors stay calm, regulated and methodically go about beating their opponents. His skill level and persistence help him succeed, and it seems his inability to regulate his emotions is keeping him from going next level great.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I checked Caio's account these days. just to see if this collective hissy fit about the threats were real. Because I can obviously read portuguese it's easier for me to know if whatever is being reported is BS or not (like when Stab published an article saying that Jadson was mad at Medina for what he did, when he was really mad at Medina's fans).

I glimpsed around 50 comments. all supporting Caio. The media is overreacting once again and everyone is buying it.

Sure, he did receive threats. but if you can read portuguese you can clearly see that nearly 85% of the posts are supporting Caio. You don't read that anywhere. All you read is 'EVERY BRAZILIAN IN THE WORLD WANTS CAIO DEAD AND BURNED ALIVE".

OK

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
There is no doubt Medina is the 2nd best surfer on tour. JJF #1.

I hope Jordy or Kohole wins the title this year.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
I checked Caio's account these days. just to see if this collective hissy fit about the threats were real. Because I can obviously read portuguese it's easier for me to know if whatever is being reported is BS or not (like when Stab published an article saying that Jadson was mad at Medina for what he did, when he was really mad at Medina's fans).

I glimpsed around 50 comments. all supporting Caio. The media is overreacting once again and everyone is buying it.

Sure, he did receive threats. but if you can read portuguese you can clearly see that nearly 85% of the posts are supporting Caio. You don't read that anywhere. All you read is 'EVERY BRAZILIAN IN THE WORLD WANTS CAIO DEAD AND BURNED ALIVE".

OK
That's good insight. Thanks brukuns :drowning:

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
But if he wanted to win, he would've checked who had priority, right? Focused competitors stay calm, regulated and methodically go about beating their opponents. His skill level and persistence help him succeed, and it seems his inability to regulate his emotions is keeping him from going next level great.
Yes, that's all true, but I'm more impressed that, in spite of his emotional tangles, his surfing has won him 2 titles and he still seems to be getting better.

Granted, I'd be much more critical of him if he were not, IMO, one of the top 2 barrel riders in the world (frontside and backside) Gotta respect talent.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
his style isnt bad imo, amazing competetor, excellent surfer
but i dont get a good impression of him overall, not a fan

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Is Italo getting death threats now? Maybe brukuns can do is a favor and read fan comments lmao