North Shore friends...need a favor

FresnoRipper

Michael Peterson status
Aug 25, 2002
Asking for a favor from anybody on the North Shore, or who can drive up there. A friend of a friend was recently killed in the line of duty working for a small agency in Oklahoma. He was a motor officer with a young family and was struck and killed by a passing motorist.

He was born and raised in Oahu and was an officer for Honolulu PD for a while before getting married and relocating to Oklahoma to be closer to his wife's family.

My buddy has asked me if I know anybody that would be able to gather some shells from a beach on the North Shore. He and his wife want to make a necklace of shells from Hawaii for his widow as a Christmas gift.

Anybody that is willing to help or will be passing thru, I would be very appreciative of your efforts. Can you send me a PM if you can help out?

Thank you

xxx

Nep status
Nov 18, 2006
I’m on the north shore right now. I saw the post earlier and when I was on the beach, all I found were really tiny shells. I’m here until Tuesday, so I’ll keep an eye out. Sorry for your loss.

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
this is a beautiful gesture, and an example that not all people on the erBB are assholes. except that one guy. (couch cough, the new mod, cough cough.)

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
I defer to Racer1for Hawaiiana but this is interesting.

Snopes fact check:
Q:Tourists who have taken rocks from Hawaiian beaches have returned them in hopes of ending streaks of bad luck.
A: True

Reactions: rowjimmytour